Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3051 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 2051 2551 2951 3001 3041 3050 3051 3052 3061 3101 3151 3551 4051 ... LastLast
Results 30,501 to 30,510 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Mystery machine revealed

Well, stood outside in the chilly wind today and was the proud owner of the mystery Singer in the blonde cabinet I posted about earlier this week. Here she is:

Name:  Mystery Singer.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  36.4 KB

Yep, a 319w in green. Drawers packed full, cams, attachments, lots of fun stuff. There were actually 2 Singers there. One was newer (maybe 70s?, not sure). Anyway, I had some disks for the newer one and went over to the bidder that had won it and let them know I put the disks with their machine since I had no use for them. About 5 minutes later, the gentleman approached me and asked if I would like to re-sell the machine. He said he was supposed to have bid on the green one for his niece, who was the daughter of the original owner, but he won the wrong one. Well...geez, what could I do? I don't need it, I have no room for it, and another one will come along some day. Since I didn't have anything else on my ticket, I just let them pay for it.

More goodies I spotted (but didn't buy) were some quilt tops. Loved looking at all the different fabric in the apple core one.

Name:  Star qult.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  Apple core quilt.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  65.8 KB
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Oh, and on the apple core quilt, spotted this little gem for Miriam:

Name:  Indy.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  47.3 KB
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

That is very sweet Charlee. I am happy for you.
    I went junking today, saw a W & W 8 for $149.50
    It had a paper from Isaccs {sp} in the drawer and said it was listed for 150. LOL
    a 50 cent price difference.
    Did not want to buy it, but I always go to look at machines and tables.

Wow, Bennett, I'm not sure I would have been as nice about it and as generous. But, you're right, another will come along.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psychonurse View Post
    That is very sweet Charlee. I am happy for you.
    I went junking today, saw a W & W 8 for $149.50
    It had a paper from Isaccs {sp} in the drawer and said it was listed for 150. LOL
    a 50 cent price difference.
    Did not want to buy it, but I always go to look at machines and tables.
    I can't stay away from the machines and tables! LOL!! Gets me in trouble sometimes... Did you happen to notice a date on the invoice?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Bennett, YOU ROCK!! You have to feel good to have done something so nice for the man and his niece! It's good to know that she'll have her mama's machine...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Charlee, doing happy dance with you that you get to keep your machines and get the new one.

Bennett that was very nice of you. You know now an even better machine will make its way to you. I would of had a hard time leaving that apple core quilt top.
    Lisa

I just love the Indianapolis duck in the apple core quilt. I'd have gotten that one! It was such a nice thing that you did about that other machine. You sent it home where it would be cherished. Thank you for doing that. It's too bad it wasn't just given to her in the first place without having to go to auction.

Blog Entries
    I agree, it should have been given to her in the first place. But I'm glad she got the machine. Well over 30 years ago, when my Grandma had her auction, I got nothing at all. Dealers came in and prices were way out there. They put everything Grandma had in the auction to make it fair..... FAIR??? It's probably what they did there too - give all the relatives equal chance to buy what every they want. Makes more $$$ for the auctioneer.

Okay, I cleaned up the T&S 758 and oiled and ran her full out for a bit and seem to be running smoothly. But when I put the needle back in, the timing is off. The needle is still down when the bobbin part that rotates goes around and hits it. So not sure if that is something that I can figure out how to fix or if I should just part the machine out or put it on the curb for someone to take.
    Lisa