Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I notice he is mostly showing how to sew on leather.
What I like about his blog is that he has the photo of the machine and then has the youtube video demonstrating how the machine works. Great example is the Alder 30-1 cobbler's machine: http://ucansew2.blogspot.com/2011/11...30-1-demo.html
Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Yeah, one of "those" it sounds like!! Too bad. But those 60's machines show up all the time, so no loss.
the guy is probably trying to collect emails or phone numbers or something..... he sure isn't selling a machine.
Well blow me over...I got a call back! Of course it was to tell me that they already have the machine packed up to take to the swap meet tomorrow. And I am welcome to go out there to see it. (Not) But she said that if it does not sell then she will get hold of me & send me a picture. Still not holding my breath on this one. Just want to satisfy my curiosity at this point! lol
Old 04-07-2012, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
OK, anyone who can help with info on a bobbin spool can for a National Two Spools? CD? Cathy? Pat? Or an alternate way to use the machine without the can?
Janice, it is really a shame the can and the machine got separated. I own 2 Two Spools - one is an Eldredge Two Spools and the other one is a National Two Spools. Both are made by National. Both look identical except for the name on them. That is the machine I always turn to for total accuracy when treadling. The engineering behind that machine is amazing. It never tries to pull your fabric to the side because the feed dogs are both the exact same length. If you could get the machine cheap enough, it would be worth it for a back up if you ever find the spool can.

Nancy
Old 04-07-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Nancy,
I have the manual and have tried out some of the stitches, they don't look quite right. Most of the time I use my
Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 875 for decorative stitches, she does them so well. )
Sharon W.
Sharon are you stablizing the fabric, adjusting the tension, using the correct needle? I have never had a problem with any of the stitches on my 1222e. I have used that machine to decorate silk dresses (wedding) and rayon valances. I think you just need to oil it up and keep practicing. Remember to oil around the buttons - after years of non-use they can get sticky. I found it really helps to always have that IDT foot engaged too when doing the decorative stitches - that way you don't get bunched up fabric.

Nancy
Old 04-07-2012, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Candace,
I FMQ with mine, I have the original darning foot and I don't think it works as well as the snap on darning foot.
I also bought a modern ankle for it so I can use current feet, the ankle was expensive; but worth every penny.
Sharon W.
I have the ankle and all the snap on feet. I bought every foot I could when I got my much more modern embroidery Pfaff, but I prefer the original darning foot and all the original feet for the 1222e. Maybe just because I am so use to them, but I always have problems when I try to use that ankle and the newer feet? I also have a Pfaff 130 as most of you know and have a ton of feet for that one too. Those feet are interchangeable with the 1222e as are the bobbins. Any yes, I FM with that 1222- I did several Queen/King quilts with it before getting my Grand Quilter 1200 and the Long Arm. I still use him to do small projects, like placemats etc..

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-07-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 AM

Happy Easter everyone! We are going to hide 300 eggs tomorrow afternoon for all the grandkids.! I am doing dinner too! I hope you all have a great Easter!

Also, to not sound too dense - where are the 'stickies' you are talking about? I went to "Whats New" and found this shop under 'stickies?' That doesn't look like an easy way to navigate?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-07-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I am off to the store for the Naptha, Linseed oil, shellac and denatured alcohol. I might need help when I get back all you enablers...
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Happy Easter everyone! We are going to hide 300 eggs tomorrow afternoon for all the grandkids.! I am doing dinner too! I hope you all have a great Easter!

Also, to not sound too dense - where are the 'stickies' you are talking about? I went to "Whats New" and found this shop under 'stickies?' That doesn't look like an easy way to navigate?

Nancy
The sticky is a thread that is posted at the top of a category list. It's stuck up there so that it will not wander down the list of threads. The other day, Janice noticed that the machine photo thread had wander to page three or four; so, she commented on the thread which moved it to the first page.

IF you go directly to QB site and log in from there, you'll see the list of the main categories. After clicking on a category, the next page lists all the threads from that category with "stickys" on the top.

Nancy, It sounds like you are going to have a busy and fun day with the grandkids. Three hundred eggs are a lot of eggs to hide! We are celebrating here with a dinner. I have made Lithaunian Bacon Buns which have become a favorite substitute for the Easter eggs at my home. I do have a cute chocolate hen decorating my dinning room table instead of the traditional bunny.

I paper pieced a mini daffodil that went on postcard the other night. Used my decorative stitches from my Necchi to secure it down to the card. That was a fun quick project that I can't show since I forgot to take a picture before mailing the card- oh well.

A Happy Easter and Passover to All!
May your celebrations with family and friends bring you joy and peace!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM

I am off to the store for the Naptha, Linseed oil, shellac and denatured alcohol. I might need help when I get back all you enablers...
Oh Miriam you know we will be here to help you out. Pat and I say hey to Phil
Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Oh Miriam you know we will be here to help you out. Pat and I say hey to Phil
Well, I finally made it to the store! I had a nice surprise when I went to my shop today - Phil was in there making shelves to put machines on. I took pictures of my 3/4 size machines while I was staying out of his way. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to get organized - nothing magic happened there... it is a whole bunch better than it was with machines all over the place. He hung an old cabinet to put stuff in too. My next request is something other than a naked light bulb for the whole room...... I have trouble lights but they aren't the greatest. Anybody have a light they really like?

You tell Pat next time Phil makes scones I'll throw one her way. He says 'Hey'