Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3343 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 2343 2843 3243 3293 3333 3342 3343 3344 3353 3393 3443 3843 4343 ... LastLast
Results 33,421 to 33,430 of 44191

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

The only one they didn't make a sticky was the one about the attachments or accessories. I was just looking for that one.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Anybody know what size needle the Domestic takes? TIA
    Wish I knew.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Miriam I tought it was neat the way you had the products lined up behind the Vindex at the ready to go to work
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Miriam I tought it was neat the way you had the products lined up behind the Vindex at the ready to go to work
    Had to it set me back...
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Miriam now Phil has enough to do many many machines for you. This stuff will go a very long way.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Miriam now Phil has enough to do many many machines for you. This stuff will go a very long way.
    Well, there are plenty of machines to do.... I have some I wonder what finish

Blog Entries
    I got the new old girl out of the box and went to work on her....she was a filthy little thing and the oxidation on the bottom was worse than I thought, but that's not the worst. This little featherweight had the bobbin with thread left in her...so as the thread wicked moisture into the bobbin, it rusted so badly!!! I had to use pliers to get the bobbin out of the case and when I did the inside of the bobbin case was all rusted too. After a nice bath of oil and brushed really well, I took another bobbin and filled it, threaded the machine (after hitting all the spots with oil) and pushed the foot feet!!! We were off and running....like a charm!!! I can't believe it! She's a gem who needs a little cosmetic work. These things were so well made!! I'm having a hard time reading the serial number...AF74 something, something, something....LOL!!! Now to name her.....I'll keep you posted on that one! Off to clean up the cleaning table!!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

I just joined the board last week. I picked up 3 machines this weekend and need help with one. I picked up a 1920 128 Singer handcrank in great condition, with Vincendora decals,just need to tension a little. Also got a Singer 328K that was suppose to be in working condition but when I plug it in and push the pedal it barely moves. Any ideas? all the wiring looks good.
    Anyway I picked up another hand crank, a SIGMA. Looks in great but I can't figure out how to get the needle to stay in. I'll try to attached some pics and if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. If the pics work out I will post pics of the 128 and 328K tomorrow.

thanks, Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    You'll enjoy it. I have one and although I haven't taken it out for a while, it's a cute machine. I had to install new feed dogs on mine as the teeth were a bit uneven and caused the fabric to pull to the right. Have you been able to hunt down a bobbin cover plate?
    Yes, that was the first thing I went hunting for. I can't wait til she gets here. Does she take a threaded or push in thread spindle, plastic or metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Anybody know what size needle the Domestic takes? TIA
    Hi,

Can't say from experience but the Boye chart says it takes a Boye 8 for the older VS models (Pre-1900). Here's an excellent site for Domestic ID:

http://www.kelsew.info/Domestic/dome...lsnolinks.html

Jon