Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3510 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2510 3010 3410 3460 3500 3509 3510 3511 3520 3560 3610 4010 ... LastLast
Results 35,091 to 35,100 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post

I am thinking, though, it is fun to have a machine with some color! Something besides, black, white, or mocha!

Nancy
    Congrats on your new vintage!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Well, I purchased that (red) Japanese Sterling that all the hub bub was about yesterday. It really is not 'red' but a dark pink. Still a cute machine, though. I thought maybe it had faded from red to pink, but no this machine was painted a dark pink. Even the cord and motor are pink. It has a manual, which is nice as they usually never do! It is complete - bobbin winder and all - nothing missing nor broken. The only thing I can see that needs replacing is the bobbin winder tire. I won't have time for a few days to clean and oil the machine. I am busy right now on something else. I will post a picture in a couple days, when I have the time to really clean it, oil it and try sewing with it.

I am thinking, though, it is fun to have a machine with some color! Something besides, black, white, or mocha!

Nancy
    Yay, Nancy!!! I'm glad you got it.

Blog Entries
    The singer VS2 is a beautiful machine too far for me.
    Nancy glad you got the red/pink machine. Will you still be looking for an all red machine?
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Great, Jan! Love it! I'll have to remember that line for other ads.
    Feel free to use it, but not every person I have sent that "message" too has gotten it. Some are just dense, I guess. lol

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    I'm practicing those 12 steps again...the ones from the back of my car to the door!

For our 13th anniversary today, my adorable spousal unit bought me yet another machine. Problem is, he made me promise NOT to show or tell until it looks decent! Claims he doesn't want anyone to know he spent good money on "THAT!" !! It's kind of dirty, the cabinet has issues (parlor cabinet)...he says he's embarrassed! ~eyeroll~ He didn't spend that much, and the issues are not insurmountable, altho I'd feel better if Skip and Pat lived next door!

So here's the deal...if you can guess what this machine is, I will sneak a pic here...will give you one clue to work with...the key has a tag that says "Nähmasch. " Oh...and you have to promise not to tell William!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Yay, Nancy, I'm so glad it worked out! And that the bobbin winder was there!

Happy Anniversary Charlee..... just a guess.... pfaff?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    OK...another good lead. A truly beautiful, Singer VS2 fiddle base with roses and cornflowers decos. At a very reasonable price.

Problem for me is where it's at, and Pickup Only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Sewin...item20c60c7961
    That is a very pretty machine, wish I was close, too. Anyone have an idea what the silver triangle shaped pieces are? It looks like the paper above them might be an instruction sheet but I can't read it. They remind me of cake decorating tips, lol.

Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpete523 View Post
    That is a very pretty machine, wish I was close, too. Anyone have an idea what the silver triangle shaped pieces are? It looks like the paper above them might be an instruction sheet but I can't read it. They remind me of cake decorating tips, lol.

Jan
    Jan, they look like a combination tweezer/awl....
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Happy Anniversary Charlee..... just a guess.... pfaff?
    Thanks Nanna! And no...not a Pfaff...