Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Just one of the sources for heavy weight thread
http://www.rockywoods.com/Hardware-Z...read-8oz-Cones
Thank you Greywuuf!

Candace, I hate it when they don't put a phone number! I sent an email asking to see the machine. We will see if they answer me. It seems the people who put ads on Craigslist without a phone number never answer the e-mails! I would rather not get another cabinet - but, I do want to see the machine in person! I have such a soft spot for Pfaffs!

Nancy
Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Thank you Greywuuf!

Candace, I hate it when they don't put a phone number! I sent an email asking to see the machine. We will see if they answer me. It seems the people who put ads on Craigslist without a phone number never answer the e-mails! I would rather not get another cabinet - but, I do want to see the machine in person! I have such a soft spot for Pfaffs!

Nancy
don't you mean a SOPFT spot for Pfaffs?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Looks like a very nice one! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq/3019605584.html
Old 05-16-2012, 02:59 PM

Thank you Greywuuf!

Nancy
Hopefully you can add it to your hoard!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM

The woman who runs the SA store here called my daughter and asked her to tell me they found two more old machines 'upstairs'. The SA store is in an old coat factory. Each machine is black and some part of the head moves as it sews was all the info I was given. Makes me curious to go see them, not that I want an industrial machine.

Speaking of Pfaff, last week at quilting group I grabbed a machine. It was in the New Home parking spot, but it was a white Pfaff - maybe 1980s. It sewed very noisily - so much so that I put it away until I have time to spend with it. Anything I need to look for besides oiling and delinting??
Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Pictures rose ? I seem to have a passion for industrials now..... mayb we can work something out?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
The woman who runs the SA store here called my daughter and asked her to tell me they found two more old machines 'upstairs'. The SA store is in an old coat factory. Each machine is black and some part of the head moves as it sews was all the info I was given. Makes me curious to go see them, not that I want an industrial machine.

Speaking of Pfaff, last week at quilting group I grabbed a machine. It was in the New Home parking spot, but it was a white Pfaff - maybe 1980s. It sewed very noisily - so much so that I put it away until I have time to spend with it. Anything I need to look for besides oiling and delinting??
Judy, I know you know your machines so if you think it is a 1980's Pfaff, it probably is. The 'new' Pfaff's are not even Pfaff's. Pfaff sold their name sometime around 2006? I'd have to look up the merge date, but a lot of the late model Pfaff's are not even listed on the Pfaff site as a Pfaff - they just say Pfaff on the machine. They look like a really cheap box store Singer. The older machines that are true Pfaff's should not be noisy - except for the Grand Quilter, it is noisey! Can you post a photo? Does it have the IDT walking foot?

Nancy
Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
Anamaria you should get that Wheeler and Wilson! It is gorgeous! I still say the Wheeler and Wilson's are the aristocrats of the sewing machines world!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-16-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
don't you mean a SOPFT spot for Pfaffs?
Not sure what acronym SOPFT is for? Sucker Over ??????

Nancy
Old 05-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Not sure what acronym SOPFT is for? Sucker Over ??????

Nancy
no, I was just being silly with the Pf sound. I'm recovering from foot surgery here, and spending waaaayyy to much time on the couch with my foot elevated over my heart ( so up on the back of the couch) the elevation is to control the swelling. so as a result, I've gone soft in the brain. every so often I look at my lovely 31-20, all clean and oiled, and once a day, I go down to the garage and put one more thin coat of shellac on the treadle table, but that is about all the machine fixing I've been able to get up to. laura