Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 AM

Nice Jan!! That's the "Warm Wishes" pattern? Love making that one!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 AM

I have decided to donate at 3 machines, 2 in cabinets and one in a bentwood box. I am thinking about a 4th but it is a 128 and the slide plates are stuck tight. It is also a blackside EXCEPT for the hand wheel has the paperclip looking decoration on it - everything else is the blacksdide. That serial # is AH 610764 which means is was allotted 4/29/1948 with a run of 15,000. I don't know how much cleaning it needs either once I get the plates to move. She also doesn't sit quite fully into the base - like one of her hinges is off a bit or she's off a bit. Any suggestions? These machines have to be ready by this Saturday for the auction. The 2 in cabinets will be relatively simple to clean, I believe, unless they've lived with a smoker in a previous life.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Editing my previous post: Got the plates unstuck with DH's help and fixed the hinge pin issue. DH in process of manufacturing a corner peg/stand to support weight of machine in the base of the case. I know absolutely nothing about the shuttle except that it it is there. It's not a complete blackside - the clutch wheel is silver also as is the presser foot and bar for the foot.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:52 AM

That's too bad about the shuttle being missing. You can pick one up via ebay..
Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
That's too bad about the shuttle being missing. You can pick one up via ebay..
Candace, it is there except that I've never played with one before but will today if DH gets the heck out of my way!! Said with a smile, of course.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
The red border and cornerstones were what there was enough of in my flannel stash. )
Some little kid will love that quilt, it got turned in yesterday to "The Linus Connection".
I've been in charge of charity quilts for the kids in foster care in our county this past year. The quilt guild has made about 100 of them (that's way too many abused kids !!!). Here is a simple pattern that we use a lot. It is one of the Quiltmaker.com Linus projects. It is cute with kids fabric and beautiful with a gorgeous floral print for nursing home quilts.

Texas Jan[/QUOTE]

You are going to make some little kid a happy camper with this one. Very nice indeed.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post

I've been in charge of charity quilts for the kids in foster care in our county this past year. The quilt guild has made about 100 of them (that's way too many abused kids !!!). Here is a simple pattern that we use a lot. It is one of the Quiltmaker.com Linus projects. It is cute with kids fabric and beautiful with a gorgeous floral print for nursing home quilts.

Texas Jan
Texas Jan, Cute and cheery quilt for a wonderful cause. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Charlee, Where are you hiding your quilts? I thought you only sew shirts for your husband.
I would love to see some of your quilts!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM

Texas Jan what a great pattern! Wow! What is the finished size of this quilt? I love the pink and 'love' and 'peace' in this quilt - it could be a valentines quilt! Do you guys make different sized quilts, for infants to teenage, or are they all about the same size? All of you that are doing the donated quilts are just the greatest!

Nancy[/QUOTE]

Nancy the whole blocks are 5.5" finished, so you just add blocks till you have what you need. We make different sized quilts for the different ages. If we can get info that someone loves Barbie, we do our best to find Barbie material. These kids have had so little, that one wish in a lifetime (they don't know they are getting a quilt) is not a really big thing. I get back more than I give. We sometimes get pictures of the kids with their quilts or hear that they take them everywhere. That's better than a Blue Ribbin to me any day !!!

Texas Jan
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Monica, I will check to see if I have any photos...I have an album with one of my quilts in it here...let me dig around and see what I can find for you!