Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Miriam,

It is treadle belt driven. That rod drives the shuttle. It connects the top main shaft to the bottom shuttle connecting rod.

Cathy
Ok I get it.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM

Miriam,

It is treadle belt driven. That rod drives the shuttle. It connects the top main shaft to the bottom shuttle connecting rod.

Cathy
Answered my next question. Thanks!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Kathie, from what I can see of the motif, you could make one pretty close like this.
It's probably either ch 6 or 10, join to form ring. or do one of those miracle rings.
row 1: ch 2(or 3), 24 dc in ring. join with a sl. st.
row 2: ch 5, *skip one dc and then hdc in next dc, ch 2(or 3). Repeat around ending with a sl st in the 3rd st of the ch 5 you began the row with.
row 3: sl st in first loop(2nd half of the ch 5), *ch 2, 4 dc in loop, sl st in next loop. Repeat around.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Joe,

A friend of mine just got this Hother. Same plates as yours, but different decals. Both are beautiful machines.

Cathy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]313557[/ATTACH]
Cathy,

The top pic is so huge my computer won't or can't open it.
I've seen pics of the "SEW MAGIC" machines so I know what they are. Please tell me your friend has an owners manual. Please, please, purty please. I've looked and looked and looked and Googled and done all the sewing forums, well most of them, and can't find ANY information on the HOTHER machines. They are out there, why can't I find the info?

Beautiful machine. I do hope it sews as good as mine does.

Joe
Old 02-19-2012, 01:05 PM

I have been corresponding with two people about free motion sewing on the 301.
Seems that the special FM feet (hopper style) are sometimes problematic on the 301.

I tried an idea and it worked quite well (not that I am a great or even OK FM sewer).
Use a button-sew on foot from any slant shank zigzag machine. Then completely
loosen the presserfoot bar tension. I unscrewed it until I felt no tension on the foot
and fabric can be pulled under the foot with no resistance. Then drop the feed
dogs and lower the presserfoot bar lever. Then good to go.

Cathy
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Joe,

I didn't see a manual with it. It is a generic class 15 import (HA1). You can find a manual on the yahoo group:
Vintage Sewing Machine Repair (if you are a member: try this: http://tinyurl.com/87xnjle )
If not I can send it to you.
Yes, it sews great. Neat machine.

Cathy

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Cathy,

The top pic is so huge my computer won't or can't open it.
I've seen pics of the "SEW MAGIC" machines so I know what they are. Please tell me your friend has an owners manual. Please, please, purty please. I've looked and looked and looked and Googled and done all the sewing forums, well most of them, and can't find ANY information on the HOTHER machines. They are out there, why can't I find the info?

Beautiful machine. I do hope it sews as good as mine does.

Joe
Old 02-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Joe,

I didn't see a manual with it. It is a generic class 15 import (HA1). You can find a manual on the yahoo group:
Vintage Sewing Machine Repair (if you are a member: try this: http://tinyurl.com/87xnjle )
If not I can send it to you.
Yes, it sews great. Neat machine.

Cathy
Cathy,

I have a generic manual. What I'm looking for is an original for the company information. It boggles my pea brain that I keep coming up against a dead end.
Even Billy has not gotten back to me on the machine and he acknowledged seeing my post about it. Weird how some machines are well documented, and others are almost anonymous.

Joe
Old 02-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Joe, I had a pristine Japanese 15 that came with a manual - it was not for that same machine but the warranty card was for that same machine - go figure. The manual I had was more of a pamphlet than a book. I have an original with my old Sears machine - it was the same pamphlet with a different machine name. I wish I still had them both.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Joe,

A friend of mine just got this Hother. Same plates as yours, but different decals. Both are beautiful machines.

Cathy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]313557[/ATTACH]
Oh, I have a Sewmagic just like yours but it is not a Hother. I believe it is a Precision Deluxe. I will run real quick and get some pictures of her.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Oh, I have a Sewmagic just like yours but it is not a Hother. I believe it is a Precision Deluxe. I will run real quick and get some pictures of her.
Here are her pictures. She came to live with the other girls about the time of our big snowstorm and power outage. I had not even brought her in from the garage, MY BAD. Will get her cleaned up tonight and put the power to her after some oiling.

The badge says SEAWOL SEWING SUPPLIES, Deluxe Model, Sold Throughout the World. On the side of the piller under the wheel at the botton is a decal that says SEAWOL Model B15- (the last part is missing). The motor is a BELGELCOR Type W73.

As you can see she has not been cleaned up and I did not even unwrap the foot controller. She does have enough pin rash that the Sew is missing from Sewmagic. And the spool pin is bent.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-02-19-sewmagic-sewing-machine-005.jpg   2012-02-19-sewmagic-sewing-machine-006.jpg   2012-02-19-sewmagic-sewing-machine-009.jpg