Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM

Hope Mowgli does well. These little ones give us so much joy.. But then again you want to wring their little necks. I hope all goes well the surgery.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Aw! I'm sorry you're not getting the Pfaff, but surely understand why. I hope Mowgli does well with his surgery!
Thanks Charlee, I know some folks are having a lot more to deal with than one of their fur babies having surgery, but it just kills me thinking about Mowgli going under the knife! He has Perthes disease of the left hip/femur! I never heard of it - we thought he hurt his leg playing with our Jack Russell! He has to have the femur head removed and the neck of the femur shaved, then he will form a new femur head, neck but it will require keeping him off his feet for a couple weeks - lots of carrying him around! The whole thing scares me to death! Anyway, Friday is the day it gets done!

Nancy
Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/2876424565.html - looks like a deal - not mine though
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Thanks Charlee, I know some folks are having a lot more to deal with than one of their fur babies having surgery, but it just kills me thinking about Mowgli going under the knife! He has Perthes disease of the left hip/femur! I never heard of it - we thought he hurt his leg playing with our Jack Russell! He has to have the femur head removed and the neck of the femur shaved, then he will form a new femur head, neck but it will require keeping him off his feet for a couple weeks - lots of carrying him around! The whole thing scares me to death! Anyway, Friday is the day it gets done!

Nancy
I have a yorkie that had to have the same procedure. She is just fine. You would never know that she had it done. Tiny dogs do really well and it is common in yorkies. You both will feel better when it is over and he has had time to heal.

Texas Jan
Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Nancy, I totally understand the whole cost of gas issue. It's sure adds on to the cost of the machine. I'm sticking as local as possible as I've shared with you I have a bit of vet bills myself!!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
We can't find MIL. The whole thing is rather raw.
You are in my prayers. I hope the whole thing is straightened out soon.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post

Nancy
Sorry to hear about Mowgli's need for surgery. He will be in my prayers, as well.
I can identify with the idea of carrying him around for the time of healing. We had a similar situation with one of our furbabies due to hip problems.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/2876424565.html - looks like a deal - not mine though
Hmmm... Wonder if that is a buttonholer or a box of attachments. The price does look good for a 221.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 AM

I think it's a box of attachments...and you're right, it's a good price, especially for a Centennial model...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 AM

Nancy, Sorry to hear that Mowgli will be needing the surgery. I know that your really wanted that treadle. Life throws unexpected detours every so often, and it isn't until later that we understand why. Enjoy your beautiful machines that you presently own, and while Mowgli recoups make a small quilt for him with one of your lovely ladies.