Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
MIL passed away last night about midnight
Miriam, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts, and prayers. Anamaria
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM

Miriam, sending good thoughts to you and yours.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 PM

Miriam, sorry for the loss of your MIL.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM

So sorry to learn of your loss.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:49 PM

Miriam, sorry for the loss of your MIL.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
OK, Nancy--going to try to post some pics of my Pfaff! No mean remarks about my tubs of fabric "guarding" the machine!!
Are the tubs guarding the machines or are the machines guarding the tubs of fabrics? Beautiful Pfaff and treadle!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:58 PM

Hello Billy:
I have so enjoyed your posts. In fact, I recently obtained a 1935 Singer 99 in the deco desk with seat. A casual aquaintance, who repairs sewing machines, one the east coast, chastized me for not buying a model 15 instead. I read the on-line critiques for the model 99 before I bought it. All the reports were glowing. He went on to say it was only worth $25 and why did't I buy a model 15. What is the difference? Did I do good or bad for $100? It seems to be a good old machine in need of cleaning and a home. I intend to refinish the deco desk complete with an ink well and an open-up storage seat. I was so happy until he rained on my parade. What is your opinion of the 99 VS 15?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
MIL passed away last night about midnight
I'm so sorry about your MIL Miriam. You all will be in my prayers.

TExas Jan
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
OK, Nancy--going to try to post some pics of my Pfaff! No mean remarks about my tubs of fabric "guarding" the machine!!
Miz Johnny thank you so much! You finally got that Pfaff unburied! It looks so clean - and another class 15 machine to boot! I bet that machine sews like a dream!~ It also has a reverse? I looks much newer than the 1912 one! What is the serial number?

Nancy
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaQuilts View Post
Hello Billy:
I have so enjoyed your posts. In fact, I recently obtained a 1935 Singer 99 in the deco desk with seat. A casual aquaintance, who repairs sewing machines, one the east coast, chastized me for not buying a model 15 instead. I read the on-line critiques for the model 99 before I bought it. All the reports were glowing. He went on to say it was only worth $25 and why did't I buy a model 15. What is the difference? Did I do good or bad for $100? It seems to be a good old machine in need of cleaning and a home. I intend to refinish the deco desk complete with an ink well and an open-up storage seat. I was so happy until he rained on my parade. What is your opinion of the 99 VS 15?
Donna, I am not Billy but I will answer your question! A class 15 machine is a full size machine. They usually drop their feed dogs to do free motion quilting, and have a great stitch. The 99 is a 3/4 sized machine, also has a great stitch! They are both built to last forever, use normal 15x1 needles you can get anywhere, are easy to service yourself - just keep them oiled and cleaned, and they take bobbins that are very easy to get. Class 66 bobbins for the 99 and class 15 bobbins for the Model 15's.

Nancy