Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Both the 99 and the 15 are good machines. BTW there is also a 3/4 Japanese 15 out there... I have one. I like the 99s you got an ok deal if you found a cool table for yours. The tables aren't easy to find that fit those machines - it might be worth the money just for that. I gave my DGD a Spartan with a needle guard - she loves it. The 15s are nice for free motion work.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316432[/ATTACH]Miriam, I am so sorry about you MIL![ATTACH=CONFIG]316430[/ATTACH]Ok you all, I was so depressed about Mowgli that DH said lets go get the Pfaff because after Friday, I will not be going anywhere for a while - while Mowgli is recooping!
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-closeup-back.jpg   pfaff-closeup-front.jpg   pfaff-treadle-top.jpg  

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-29-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for your prayer ya' all. I really do appreciate it. I can't get off for the funeral but most of the family will be there to see how the feud goes. She lived 91 (mostly unhappy) years and she shared it with everybody she knew.... I should do something on my new PDA about her some time - I should try to be nice though.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Picture of Nancy's Pfaff

Nancy on the back of your Pfaff the is a letter H. What is the H for? Also on the legs above the word Pfaff in the back it looks like two cup holders. What are they? Kathie

Last edited by Kathie S.; 02-29-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: bad typing
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM

Miriam, I have not seen a Class 15 3/4 sized machine! How interesting? I know there are a lot of Japanese 15 clones and Japanese 99 clones, but a 3/4 size 15 would be so cool looking!

Candace, I am in love with my new Pfaff! Thank you so much for pointing it out on Craigslist! When we picked her up today, they told me that several people have been calling and several people got very mad because they don't ship. One guy wanted it shipped to Texas! They were glad I got the machine so they don't have to deal with the calls and e-mails. The machine uses a simple class 15 bobbin case - which was missing, and a normal low shank foot as you said it would.

Cathy what did you say that thing on top of the machine is for - a needle sharpener? What are the two round cups above the treadle pedal for?

Did you all see the fancy leaf work on the treadle legs! I am so excited! I love the simple shape of the cabinet. I also love the fact that the cabinet has no leaf to open - so it doesn't take up a lot of space! There is also a large screw under the bed, but you have to use a screw driver to get it to move so I think the feed dogs drop too! The machine is in excellent shape, no rust anywhere on the machine and the pitman is WOOD! I love it!

Nancy
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

I like that Pfaff. I bet it sews like a dream. Nice paint but no scroll work on the nose plate and cover??? I wonder if the cup holder thingys were ash trays... you know I've seen more machines that needed an ash tray.... burns all over the table top, smoke all over the machine... gotta be it.... unless maybe to hold spare thread or something.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM

YAY NANCY! I was so disappointed that you weren't going to get it...and I'm so tickled pink that you did!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:01 PM

Nancy, your Pfaff is gorgeous. There isn't anything about it that isn't pretty - the cabinet, the decals, etc. And you know it will sew wonderfully. A lovely get well present for Mowgli.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM

BoJangles,

I'm drooling over that Pfaff. That machine and treadle assembly puts the nache in panache.

Joe
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM

Ok you guys this is the second machine I brought home today. When we got there to get the Pfaff, they took $50 off the price - we got it for $150 because we drove so far to get the machine. The guy that runs the store said he was glad to have it gone because he was tired of being yelled at on E-mails and the phone. People were calling and couldn't understand why he would not ship the machine! One guy wanted it shipped to Texas! Then I noticed it was missing the bobbin casing - a normal class 15 bobbin casing, so he threw in a bobbin casing from a Japanes clone for $5 if I took that machine too! I think, he was tired of looking a the Electra Deluxe machine! So here is the second machine I got today![ATTACH=CONFIG]316462[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails electra-delux.jpg