Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 AM

I'm in a rush...late for work, but I can't find the web address of the person on here that has the FW attachments, supplies. I've oredered from her, but am having trouble and need to contact them. Any body remember where that is? I've gone back 10 or so pages, but need to get going. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
I'm in a rush...late for work, but I can't find the web address of the person on here that has the FW attachments, supplies. I've oredered from her, but am having trouble and need to contact them. Any body remember where that is? I've gone back 10 or so pages, but need to get going. Thanks!
would you have send a pm - you can check your pms through your profile
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 AM

Charlee congratulations on your 115! It is beautiful! Ok tell us about the 115? Why did you want a 115 so badly? I am curious as I have been searching and can't find much out about the 115, except it is a rotary hook as opposed to the 15, which is an oscillating hook. The only other difference that is noticeable is that the needles thread the opposite. Does the 115 drop its feed dogs?

Nancy

By the way, the cabinet is gorgeous too! I can see why you wanted this machine so bad! Just looking at the photos, it is in wonderful shape and beautiful for sure! I have not seen those decals before either. According to ISMACS the 115 was only made between 1912 and 1935.

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-08-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Charlee... ohhh weeeee...... that cabinet is also very lovely.

I want one now.... I need another machine like I need a hole in my head....
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
WOOHOO!!! "Margie" is home with me now....and the spousal unit was able to get $100 knocked off the price! She's still the most expensive machine I own, but I justify that with the fact that it's the FIRST 115 I've ever seen, and the first cabinet like this I've ever seen, and I've looked in 3 states for them!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post4953596
She is a beauty Charlee!! No wonder you wanted her so badly.

Texas Jan
Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Do any of you have any experience with this sewing machine? It is a White Fantasy made by Vigorelli. The machine is really interesting as the bed of the machine rotates back and forth when doing decorative stitches instead of the needle bar rotating. Candace brought this machine to my attention and I goggled it. It is really interesting to watch u-tube with this machine doing a decorative stitch! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/2838583251.html

Nancy
Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 AM

Nancy, I couldn't tell you why I wanted this particular machine so much, and I'm still learning about her! The dogs don't drop that I can see. I'm going to spend some more time with her today and see what I can learn! I did figure out last night that the slide plate does NOT slide to the left, but instead slips a BIT to the left so that it can be lifted and slide over the needleplate....contrary to the manual on the ISMACS website. This machine is a 1912 115-1 tho, (serial number shows a commission date of 12/20/11) and that manual is from 1915...might be one of the things they changed in later models? I do know it's a pain to get to the bobbin, and I don't have particularly large hands!
I'm sure that at least part of the reason I wanted this machine/cabinet is because of the cabinet!

Thanks Trish! If you can find one like this girl, get it!! LOL....I'll back you up!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Do any of you have any experience with this sewing machine? It is a White Fantasy made by Vigorelli. The machine is really interesting as the bed of the machine rotates back and forth when doing decorative stitches instead of the needle bar rotating. Candace brought this machine to my attention and I goggled it. It is really interesting to watch u-tube with this machine doing a decorative stitch! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/2838583251.html

Nancy
Dang it Nancy!! I just promised the spousal unit that this 115 is my LAST machine!! That looks FASCINATING!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 AM

Ok...I'm super excited!! This machine has an early hopping foot!! "Simanco 86294"....took me a few to figure out what it was!!

There are a few other things that were interesting/strange as well....I'll post photos and ask questions as soon as I'm done sorting!
Attached Thumbnails 100_6567.jpg   100_6568.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM

Nancy, although it's really cool. I would probably want to throw it against the wall if I ever USED it. There's no way you could have accuracy with the fabric moving instead of the needle during decorative stitching. I don't have room in my house for oddities with tables. They need to provide a service:> But, if you do, you should go for it. Vigorelli is one of the best Italian made machines. I would love to see it in action, but not actually own it. It reminds me somewhat of the attachments you can get for straight stitch machines that do decorative stitches by moving the fabric. Kind of cool, but really not all that useable.