Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Nancy, you and Mowgli will be in my thoughts today too! He's such a cute lil' guy!

There were a couple more comments on your Pfaff over at Needlebar, compliments.

Yes, the "H" on your machine is the model number...there is a Pfaff "K" pictured at Needlebar, with this caption:

"Pfaff used letters for early models, but switched to numbering (as did other manufacturers) and by 1916 were up to at least 101. The model K was the family sized machine with L the equivalent larger sized model. These became Klasse 11 and 12."

The "K" model shown there has the same decals as your "H".
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM

I finally poked around enough at Needlebar and found a photo of another Pfaff "H"! It can be a challenge to navigate that site, but is SO worth it, IMO! The photo they already had is of a machine that is not quite in as good of shape as yours, and has this caption. Interestingly enough, the Model "K" is a vibrating shuttle machine....

"[h=3]Pfaff Model H[/h]Courtesy of Rick
Serial #808962
Pfaff models were originally given letters for identification, but later switched to numbering (as did other manufacturers). By 1916 they were using up to model 102.
The Pfaff H is a Central Bobbin machine and it became known as Pfaff 31"
[h=3][/h]
Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 AM

Nancy, we are thinking of you a little Mowgli today and wish all goes well for the little fellow.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM

The cabinet to my Singer 9W-7 was damaged in transit prior to my getting it. The machine itself is in good mechanical shape, but I need to fix both the wood and cast iron.

What I need are photos of the center drawer. This one has the drawer that has the cut outs for the accessories.
Does it tilt out like the later ones or pull out?
How does it mount?
My cabinet is missing pieces and if I had photos I might could fabricate replacements.

Otherwise I'm kinda lost.

Joe
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
The cabinet to my Singer 9W-7 was damaged in transit prior to my getting it. The machine itself is in good mechanical shape, but I need to fix both the wood and cast iron.

What I need are photos of the center drawer. This one has the drawer that has the cut outs for the accessories.
Does it tilt out like the later ones or pull out?
How does it mount?
My cabinet is missing pieces and if I had photos I might could fabricate replacements.

Otherwise I'm kinda lost.

Joe
Joe I don't have pics but you should be able to tell if the thing tilts out or has slides on both sides. There should be tell tell signs on the side of the center drawer. The slides would be a part of the sides of the drawer. Or you should be able to see the pivot points on the sides. Ebay is selling some center drawers and you may be able to tell from them.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Looking for any info, instructions or how-to's for my daughter's "bestest girlfriend" for a Vertical Sewing Machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316791[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails machine.jpg  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Hi Jane! The Vertical Feed machines were made by Davis....they are UBER COOL machines, those of us that have them, love them!
My best suggestion would be to join the Davis Vertical Feed yahoo group...there's a TON of information there!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Glenn,

Normally I'd agree with you. But all I have is the center part of the drawer. The sides that were glued to something are bare and the underside of the cabinet where it would have mounted is damaged and missing those parts.
Here is the only pic I have of what's left of the drawer:

So I have little to go on.

Do you have any direct links to what you've seen on eBay?

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 03-02-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM

I don't have any links because there are about five diff center drawers that are for sale. Your drawer looks like it had slides. The slides are the side of this drawer. They extended to be able to slide in and out. the side of the drawers are about 10 to 12 inches long and the width of drawer sides. Can you show me a pic of the ends of this center piece?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I don't have any links because there are about five diff center drawers that are for sale. Your drawer looks like it had slides. The slides are the side of this drawer. They extended to be able to slide in and out. the side of the drawers are about 10 to 12 inches long and the width of drawer sides. Can you show me a pic of the ends of this center piece?
Glenn,
I'll have to go outside and take some. In one of the drawers there is a piece that looks like it might be a side to the center drawer. I'll take a pic of that too and get back here in a while.

Joe