Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Oh Miriam, I am so sorry about your MIL! Please give Phil a hug for me, have him hug you, and let me know if I can help in anyway?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Miriam, so sorry about your MIL DH and I hope for the best. Sending prayers your way.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

We can't find MIL. The whole thing is rather raw.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Hello! I'd love to join!! My newest machine is from 1972/73 and the oldest is from 1916 (so far). I have a passion for the Japanese clones, and own 4. There are 2 converted hand cranks here as well as 2 treadles, and other machines that needed saving from the scrap heap and they all found a home here. I have manuals for most of the machines, and some I have scanned into PDF if someone needs them. New isn't always better! Carol V. from Pa.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Hi Carol! Sounds like you have a nice herd!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cvthedragonlady View Post
Hello! I'd love to join!! My newest machine is from 1972/73 and the oldest is from 1916 (so far). I have a passion for the Japanese clones, and own 4. There are 2 converted hand cranks here as well as 2 treadles, and other machines that needed saving from the scrap heap and they all found a home here. I have manuals for most of the machines, and some I have scanned into PDF if someone needs them. New isn't always better! Carol V. from Pa.
too bad you live so far away - I'd be over to play..........
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Ok between Glenn's drawers and Miriam's legs what is this board coming to? Thanks for the laugh, I needed that just now! I have decided not to go and get the Pfaff tomorrow. They still have it, but it is a 4 hour round trip for us. With gas prices like they are, the price of the treadle just goes up. I'd have gone, but I just found out that Mowgli, our little tiny Chihuahua does have to have surgery on his femur/hip on Friday - so it is a good thing we haven't gone after the treadle yet! I don't need to spend money on another machine until I find out how bad Mowgli's surgery is going to set us back! Maybe, I can talk DH into letting me have the Viking - much shorter drive - and cheaper! I think it is really cute anyway!
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2872327525.html
Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by cvthedragonlady View Post
Welcome aboard Dragonlady! We have a shop for the 15 clones - would love to see some photos of your machines! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html

Nancy
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
We can't find MIL. The whole thing is rather raw.
Miriam so sorry to hear about your MIL.

Nancy
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok between Glenn's drawers and Miriam's legs what is this board coming to? Thanks for the laugh, I needed that just now! I have decided not to go and get the Pfaff tomorrow. They still have it, but it is a 4 hour round trip for us. With gas prices like they are, the price of the treadle just goes up. I'd have gone, but I just found out that Mowgli, our little tiny Chihuahua does have to have surgery on his femur/hip on Friday - so it is a good thing we haven't gone after the treadle yet! I don't need to spend money on another machine until I find out how bad Mowgli's surgery is going to set us back! Maybe, I can talk DH into letting me have the Viking - much shorter drive - and cheaper! I think it is really cute anyway!
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2872327525.html
Nancy
Aw! I'm sorry you're not getting the Pfaff, but surely understand why. I hope Mowgli does well with his surgery!