Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3534 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 2534 3034 3434 3484 3524 3533 3534 3535 3544 3584 3634 4034 ... LastLast
Results 35,331 to 35,340 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Jan my prayers are with you and your DH.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I will be keeping them both in my thoughts!
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    When my nephew lived in AZ, they had shitzu dogs & puppies. A coyote jumped over their front yard fence while they were standing there, grabbed one of the puppies and jumped back over the fence. My nephew vaulted over the fence and chased the coyote down the dry creek bed, and eventually the coyote dropped the puppy and kept running. The puppy was OK with only mild scratches.
    Geeze, your nephew was brave! We have a very large coyote hanging around here stealing the geese eggs from a local marshy area. It makes me sad because this pair of geese come back here every year to lay their eggs and raise their young. After the coyote got the eggs twice, the geese moved on. I felt sorry for the geese, but I try to tell myself that the coyote has to eat too and maybe it has puppies to feed. I could never let a coyote take any animal, though, if I was witness to the event - without a major battle!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I just want to let everyone that Jan(TexasJan) will not be posting for awhile. Her husband Dick is in the hospital with leukemia and will be there for sometime. Her days are spent with him at hospital. She will keep me posted and I will keep you guys informed to. Say a prayer for him. Skipper
    Yes, Glenn I have talked to Jan. The hospital is about 40 miles away so Jan is running on air . . . she is trying to be at the hospital as much as possible and take care of all the normal everyday things at home too - doesn't leave any room for taking care of herself!

Jan, you and your DH are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    WAHHHHHH!!! William is going to San Jose on the 14th and I don't get to go with him!!
    Wow Charlee, that is getting really close to my neck of the woods!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Jan, prayers for you and your husband. <<Hugs>>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Yes, Glenn I have talked to Jan. The hospital is about 40 miles away so Jan is running on air . . . she is trying to be at the hospital as much as possible and take care of all the normal everyday things at home too - doesn't leave any room for taking care of herself!

Jan, you and your DH are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy
    Nancy, I know she is running on air. I talked to her on the phone today and she is hanging in there but it is rough on her and the hopital is not close. Such a dear friend and I am so far way but I do keep in touch with her daily. Thank you for caring. Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wow Charlee, that is getting really close to my neck of the woods!

Nancy
    I know! We thought at first that we could work it out so I could go with him...but that's not going to work out. He'll get to meet up with his dad, uncle, aunt and cousin while he's there tho... (They live in/near Lodi)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Lodi is in my back yard:>

Blog Entries
    I got that 403 last year just before Christmas. The cabinet had been "painted" with stain, but no finish, and it looked awful, even tho I'm sure the painter thought they were doing the right thing, and for awhile, it might have looked better....but this is what it looked like when I brought it home, it was black, sticky/gummy, and downright ugly!
    Name:  100_6547.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  1.48 MB

I sent an email to Skip and asked if there was an "easy fix". (That would be the fix I prefer, being basically lazy like I am! ) The simple answer was "no". I had to strip it, restain, and refinish it. I put it off until about 3 weeks ago, and I've been working on it since then! I finally, even with a few places that I'm not happy with, declared it DONE!! I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's better than it was, to be sure!

Name:  cabinet.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  117.9 KB
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com