Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3807 of 4399 FirstFirst ... 2807 3307 3707 3757 3797 3806 3807 3808 3817 3857 3907 4307 ... LastLast
Results 38,061 to 38,070 of 43990

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post

And, cos I want 'em.

Joe

Good answer!:>

Quote Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
    Charlee- All the best to you. Health issues are so worrying. I'll be thinking of you.

On the sewing front, i picked up a Kenmore 51 (158.511) and need a free manual, and hopefully a picture somewhere of which cams to look for. I'm giving this one to someone, so I don't want to pay for one of the beautiful copies made by Relics- just can't get into that habit when I am playing catch and release. I tri flowed the machine and it is still a bit slow. guess I should clean the motor, as well, and also the presses bar is stuck. I can get it loose with a light tap on a wood block, but then it needs another tap in the other direction. Guess I'll let it sulk-errr, SOAK- overnight and see if it wants to play nice tomorrow.

I also got a 99 with decals in good shape, but missing it's power cord and knee bar. Hand crank, here I come! Think I will notch the hand wheel, but it has that pretty shiny plating on the edge so I am feeling nervous about it. Anyone got any hints for me? I know there is a tutorial on the treadleon site. I don't have a drill press, which I am starting to think I need. Well, hope everyone is well and happy. Laura
    Laura, you should join the vintage kenmore yahoo group. In the files in the group is a listing of what sort of cams go with which machine. Also, I would bet someone on there has a manual.

Blog Entries
    I went to a quilt show and a little machine followed me home. I thought all Singers had their number on the pillar after a certain date. This one doesn't. Looks a lot a 301, but has rotary bobbin, straight stitch and a light colored top. The simplest of the 400s, I imagine. Would it be a 401 or is the 403 the simple one? Could this the SS machine I have been looking for to keep at church? For $5, it might be. Needs to be aired out and cleaned first. It smells musty.

Charlee, you are in my prayers. I am walking around with the same problem and some others, too. I was able to give up my heart meds this year. Thinking of you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I went to a quilt show and a little machine followed me home. I thought all Singers had their number on the pillar after a certain date. This one doesn't. Looks a lot a 301, but has rotary bobbin, straight stitch and a light colored top. The simplest of the 400s, I imagine. Would it be a 401 or is the 403 the simple one? Could this the SS machine I have been looking for to keep at church? For $5, it might be. Needs to be aired out and cleaned first. It smells musty.

Charlee, you are in my prayers. I am walking around with the same problem and some others, too. I was able to give up my heart meds this year. Thinking of you.
    It sounds like a Singer 404 - they were used for Home Ec classes - nice little machine very under-rated IMHO
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    You're right, of course. The 403 ZZs and the 404 doesn't. The presser foot doesn't look just right. It's straighter and chunkier than other slant needles I have seen. I am anxious to sew with after it's clean though I don't need it at home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    You're right, of course. The 403 ZZs and the 404 doesn't. The presser foot doesn't look just right. It's straighter and chunkier than other slant needles I have seen. I am anxious to sew with after it's clean though I don't need it at home.
    Stick up a pic so we can know what it is.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Laura, you should join the vintage kenmore yahoo group. In the files in the group is a listing of what sort of cams go with which machine. Also, I would bet someone on there has a manual.
    Thank you! don't kniow why it didn't occur to me! Laura

Hey Folks- here's a machine I picked up on the way home from TOGA. Isn't it cute? It looks like the motor caught fire, because there is a scorch where the motor mount was. But, with the motor gone, you can see the "made in occupied Japan" label. Fun, huh? Laura Name:  cali machine.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  65.2 KB

That's really cute!

Blog Entries
    LOVE that Californian!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com