Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3809 of 4351 FirstFirst ... 2809 3309 3709 3759 3799 3808 3809 3810 3819 3859 3909 4309 ... LastLast
Results 38,081 to 38,090 of 43504

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
    Hey Folks- here's a machine I picked up on the way home from TOGA. Isn't it cute? It looks like the motor caught fire, because there is a scorch where the motor mount was. But, with the motor gone, you can see the "made in occupied Japan" label. Fun, huh? Laura Attachment 364749
    Ooh, I want it!

pat

OK, now I'm feeling guilty and I've had my fun! I "badged" the machine and put the deacls on. Then I used Skipper's method of french polish to seal it all in. The made in Japan I didn't make up. When I saw it with no name at all, I sort of.....FAKED IT! Laura
    Make me one!!!

pat

OK, now I'm feeling guilty and I've had my fun! I "badged" the machine and put the deacls on. Then I used Skipper's method of french polish to seal it all in. The made in Japan I didn't make up. When I saw it with no name at all, I sort of.....FAKED IT! Laura
    GREAT job!!

Blog Entries
    Laura; Love the "faked" name on the machine. It is perfect!! Great job.
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

Blog Entries
    Did anyone see Bonnie Hunter's live cam today? I was wandering around blog land when I discovered that she had a live cam today. I sat in for around 20 minutes. Bonnie was treadling a Singer!! And she answered some folks questions. One gal asked about cleaning up a vintage machine. Bonnie told the gal to look for MUV's excellent tutorials on youtube. She even stated that MUV knows what she is doing (which we all know). That was such a very nice compliment to MUV.

Blog Entries
    Laura, I loved the Californian badge machine sometimes faking it is good no???
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Miriam, cute kids. Love the red hair and the curls. Which Singer are they working on? I see my Elna behind them.

Laura, you did a great job so now we all want one. I'll take mine with roses - maybe, I do like the orange poppies. Michigan and apple blossoms?? Iowa and corn - nah. I left Iowa years ago and I wouldn't corn on a machine.

Blog Entries
    Laura, That machine is cute! You should do a demonstration at Cathy's next TOGA. I'm sure there will be many folks interested in seeing the process. I like Irishrose's idea of state flower to each state name. One could even collect a machine for each state that they have lived in. Also an awesome idea for refurbishing those sad looking vintage ladies and gents. Looking forward to seeing your demo at Cathy's next TOGA!

Charlee, glad to hear you are doing better. I had wondered where you had gone off to. You take care of yourself.

Miriam, those gk's are cuties. They look like great little workers.

Cute faked machine logo, Laura.

I have an amazing story for yall. After we lost Mama in January, I had decided to start being a better person in my own weird way and started making the lap quilts to donate for door prizes monthly at our local country music show. They have been quite a hit. This month would have been my mama's birthday, so I used fabrics strictly from her stash, that nobody wanted so I have it, and made a quilt, using a pic that she had drawn, that I found with this stack of fabrics. You know how we all have our quilt fantasies and think ahead and have the fabrics in groups. Well, our older daughter was home this weekend, and said I was being mean for not letting her have that quilt. I said, well, it is going for a door prize in honor of your grandma's birthday, so your one shot is to win it. The tickets are the two part ones, and she got there after us, so her ticket number was not even close to ours, and she sat in the seat next to me. This girl was her grandma's favorite, and it was not a secret either. Back on track now, the band had played Last Date, one of my mom's faves, and made our daughter cry. Then came the door prizes, and out of 250 numbers, my daughter won the quilt. Some things are meant to be, and when I explained the situation to the program director, and she agreed. How cool for that to happen. My daughter said that her grandma took care of that, and she slept under the quilt last night, and it was the first thing she loaded in her car when she got ready to leave.
    Melinda

Name:  Prizequilt.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  466.6 KBName:  Embquilt.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  520.1 KB

The first pic is the prize quilt from last night. The yellow one is from last month, with some hand embroidered squares the I found with a rubbermaid box of fabric next to a dumpster. Not great pics, but I used the Sewmor for all the work. Awesome little machine, and it was still out, so I just used it for both.
    Melinda