Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Hay Fiesty and Jan you will never be innocent but that is what makes you my favorite people. Jan I am thinking of Dick always and hoping for the best and Charlee----You behave
~batting my eyelashes~ Yessir...

Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=miriam;5108335]My daughter is up and around today YEAH!!!! And my second job fell apart YEAH!!!! And my son came over and wanted to do some sewing[/QUOTE

Miriam so glad you day is going better for you and Phil. Hi Phil Skip
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Bwahhaaaa, I took a drink at the wrong time and almost choked on the ice cube. Sorry, i thought someone said something about Charlee being innocent???? As I wipe the drink of my desk and computer screen. ;-)

JK.

best,[
d
QUOTE=Charlee;5108432]Shhhhhhhhh!! I'm trying to convince everyone!! (Where's that smilie with the halo??? )[/QUOTE]
Old 04-01-2012, 05:48 PM

D...you haven't been around to keep me in line!! Of COURSE I'm gonna get in trouble!!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Ok Skip...I put some shellac on the machine just like I would have if it was wood....dipped the rag into the shellac with just a touch of L Oil...It's looking better... when that dries, I'll try smoothing it out again!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM

We have totally been beyond busy. Crazy busy. Good news is today we played. And, dh surprised me with a 1908 Singer 127 Lotus! The projects are lining up and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Machines needing Muv-style cleaning, cabinets needing Glenn-style loving.... and a wedding needing a fatter checkbook than mine.

I actually started the Glenn wood treatment on the Davis a couple of weeks back before wedding mania kicked in. But I've mislaid his 'specific to the Davis cabinet treatment plan' and now I have to go and humbly grovel for him to check his 'SENT' folder.

Life will get back to normal after the middle of May. In the meantime, I hope I don't miss anything important here. I have one heck of an order to place with our Miz___ (insert proper Board Name here).[

You all be good while I only have one eye open, hear?!

best,
d
QUOTE=Charlee;5108986]D...you haven't been around to keep me in line!! Of COURSE I'm gonna get in trouble!! [/QUOTE]
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Nice on the Lotus! I don't have one of those yet.... (Charlee!!!! NO MORE MACHINES!!!! )

I'll let you know if anything important happens, or if anyone misbehaves!! ~putting on my best "hall monitor" hat~
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Nice on the Lotus! I don't have one of those yet.... (Charlee!!!! NO MORE MACHINES!!!! )
I'll let you know if anything important happens, or if anyone misbehaves!! ~putting on my best "hall monitor" hat~
Charlee; You being "hall monitor" is like letting the dogs guard the steaks!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM

~licking the tip of my pencil and writing down Chris's name on the pad~ I'll have you know, I'm a GOOD hall monitor!!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
~licking the tip of my pencil and writing down Chris's name on the pad~ I'll have you know, I'm a GOOD hall monitor!!
Just like my shepherd and boxer are great guards for the steaks. It's just that they think internal security is better than external security. Please spell my name right by the way.