Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-27-2011, 06:26 PM

I listed it on ebay :thumbup: I did name my price to a few people who asked and they passed on it, so....
Old 08-27-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Candace
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

I'm very excited over my find!!
Name your price...why go through the hassle of e-bay?? I for one want it!!
Whoops!! I should have read all the posts before offering what ever price you could name....$600??? Nope. But I've paid 80 for a walking foot, so I'm not tooooo afraid. LOL!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Your Honeymoon machine is a badged New Home machine. The gizmo on the top is indeed the tension. It is called a 'leaf tension' You should be able to find a generic manual for it from the Treadle On list.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

A pic of my penguin knock off or what ever it is. The newer walking feet are plastic. This one is metal except for the white case it does fit a short shank machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247822.jpe  
Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

I'm very excited over my find!!
Name your price...why go through the hassle of e-bay?? I for one want it!!
Whoops!! I should have read all the posts before offering what ever price you could name....$600??? Nope. But I've paid 80 for a walking foot, so I'm not tooooo afraid. LOL!
Yes, this isn't a normal walking foot.

:thumbup:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM

This White machine that William brought home to me today is older than I thought... seems to have been made in 1919 from what I can find on the web...I'll call White on Monday to be sure.

Poor old thing...at first I thought I didn't want her, but the more I look at her, the more I think she needs to stay!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:37 PM

I found this interesting link.

I found a fascinating 1922 book online that you can download. About a third of the book is on attachments. The book is Sewing Machines by Rosamond Cook, a professor at Iowa State. Here is the link:
http://www.archive.org/stream/cu3192...ge/n3/mode/2up

Note: The "full text" format doesn't include the drawings & photos, which are the heart of the book.

Phyllis nm
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
This White machine that William brought home to me today is older than I thought... seems to have been made in 1919 from what I can find on the web...I'll call White on Monday to be sure.

Poor old thing...at first I thought I didn't want her, but the more I look at her, the more I think she needs to stay!
Give her a hug, it sounds like she needs it:>
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
According to Singer site for serial #'s, your machine was made in Podolsk, Russia, the 'E' series stared to be built in 1908, but the records were lost.
Will you please post the site that has the serial numbers?
thanks[/quote]

The serial # is located right below the Singer badge on your machine. Your machine looks like a model 66, it's possible that the motor is factory installed.

The website that I use is this:

http://www.singerco.com/admin-suppor...serial-numbers
Old 08-28-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I found this interesting link.

I found a fascinating 1922 book online that you can download. About a third of the book is on attachments. The book is Sewing Machines by Rosamond Cook, a professor at Iowa State. Here is the link:
http://www.archive.org/stream/cu3192...ge/n3/mode/2up

Note: The "full text" format doesn't include the drawings & photos, which are the heart of the book.

Phyllis nm
Thank you for this link - simple, interesting and informative. A must-read for everyone IMHO.