Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by justtrish
Miriam,

You are a real trooper. You are living your dream and so are the PI and its accomplices. ;)

Hang in there...
Some dreams ARE nightmares aren't they?
We are hoping to be debt free and have an income out of it in the end.
Miriam.... You are right about that.
I need to go read your blog again. Income out of the new digs???
Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
This White machine that William brought home to me today is older than I thought... seems to have been made in 1919 from what I can find on the web...I'll call White on Monday to be sure.

Poor old thing...at first I thought I didn't want her, but the more I look at her, the more I think she needs to stay!
Okay Charlee, let me get this right. William randomly brought you a treasure home today? You are one lucky woman :-)
Yep. He called me and asked if I wanted it...telling me it was in "kinda bad shape". Told him "no". He pressed on a bit, and I finally told him, "If the guy wants more than $5, walk away." and hung up because I was at work. He came back and told me to go out to the car and look at the machine. :) The more I look at it, the better it looks...I'm hoping I can do it justice, if not, it'll be a parts machine. :)
Old 08-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
Miriam,

You are a real trooper. You are living your dream and so are the PI and its accomplices. ;)

Hang in there...
Some dreams ARE nightmares aren't they?
We are hoping to be debt free and have an income out of it in the end.
Miriam.... You are right about that.
I need to go read your blog again. Income out of the new digs???
yup
There are two houses side by side. We own them. One to live in. The other for studio, shop and maybe a bedroom - garage for DH handyman business - then there is the yard - we hope to grow stuff too - then RENT out the house we are living in.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Your Honeymoon machine is a badged New Home machine. The gizmo on the top is indeed the tension. It is called a 'leaf tension' You should be able to find a generic manual for it from the Treadle On list.
Thanks.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Just picked up the two spiols in Traverse City. It is BEAUTIFUL!! Canister, full set attachments, AND instruction manual. Very clean, cabinwt is in Great shape YOOHOO!
Please post some pics, I looked at one this week at an antique shop, really bad shape. Machine is stuck, cabinet shot, irons are OK but, has the bobbin case and a little rust for $25. Maybe worth it for a parts machine. If you don't mind, what was the price range? I've been told that they should be around $60-90, but that depends on the options and condition.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lee231
Just picked up the two spiols in Traverse City. It is BEAUTIFUL!! Canister, full set attachments, AND instruction manual. Very clean, cabinwt is in Great shape YOOHOO!
Please post some pics, I looked at one this week at an antique shop, really bad shape. Machine is stuck, cabinet shot, irons are OK but, has the bobbin case and a little rust for $25. Maybe worth it for a parts machine.
it is cheaper to buy a parts machine on occasion than to buy parts isn't it... then you know where your parts came from.
I have gotten one for parts and then made it run. You just never know.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K. here you go. The screw stays put in the foot with the washer. Is this what you're wondering about?
thanks, but Geo and i have both studied and can't tell...do you see *anything* that looks like this little washer anywhere? Thanks, and good luck on Ebay, I saw one for $635 somewhere else, forget where.

Can anybody else with better eyes tell me if you see a washer on Candace's and not on mine???
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248025.jpe   attachment-248027.jpe   attachment-248028.jpe   attachment-248029.jpe  
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Pd $100. But it is in excellent shape, has everything including a history. I am second owner. First passed at 96, couple years ago. Her name was Ortha Mary Elizabeth. Her granddaughter sold it to me, is thrilled it will be used. Will have to see if I can add pics from phone, otherwise will be home this weekend, on vacation up north this week. Edited: figured out how to add pic,but its a download, so will do it when I get home, hopefully can get them to attach directly.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248030.jpe  
Old 08-28-2011, 10:44 AM

I can't see any darn pics on this site today.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Pd $100. But it is in excellent shape, has everything including a history. I am second owner. First passed at 96, couple years ago. Her name was Ortha Mary Elizabeth. Her granddaughter sold it to me, is thrilled it will be used. Will have to see if I can add pics from phone, otherwise will be home this weekend, on vacation up north this week. Edited: figured out how to add pic,but its a download, so will do it when I get home, hopefully can get them to attach directly.
I got your picture to open and that machine looks like a brand new one. Very pretty. There's an auction next weekend and they have a Davis going up for auction. One went last weekend for $200.00. :thumbdown: Out of my range.

oops :oops: I must have Davis on my mind your machine is a two spools. Still very pretty machine.