Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by giapet
Hi, I'm new here since yesterday, reading all I can about vintage singers.

I came across a machine with the number E143658 but can't find any info on model, year etc. Does anyone know what it is? I've looked on the usual sites to date with no luck.

Thanks, and so happy to have found this forum!

Karen
Welcome Karen! I am in Texas. Do you have a picture of the machine?
Sharon W
Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by giapet
Hi, I'm new here since yesterday, reading all I can about vintage singers.

I came across a machine with the number E143658 but can't find any info on model, year etc. Does anyone know what it is? I've looked on the usual sites to date with no luck.

Thanks, and so happy to have found this forum!

Karen
Sharon W
Yes.

E143658
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247533[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247527.jpe  
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Can someone tell me the "correct" name for the part that connects the motor to the belt? My 319(black) has a cracked part that looks like it can be replaced. But, I don't know what to google as I don't know the name.

This isn't the exact motor, but a pic of one I got off ebay. The part name I need is circled.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247533.jpe  
Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Candace
Can someone tell me the "correct" name for the part that connects the motor to the belt? My 319(black) has a cracked part that looks like it can be replaced. But, I don't know what to google as I don't know the name.

This isn't the exact motor, but a pic of one I got off ebay. The part name I need is circled.
Motor pulley

Billy
Old 08-27-2011, 01:02 PM

Thanks, Billy.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Sharon W
Hi Sharon! Thanks for the welcome! I'm in MI.

My avatar pic is what brought me to this site. Stopped at Goodwill yesterday cause my sis had just got a super nice vintage American made stained glass lamp there for $8. We both work in glass and know what to look for.

Anyway the store is on my way home and thought I'd better stop and see if I could find a treasure. They had a Singer (AH226962) in a cabinet (56) for $35. I checked the handwheel, it turned nice and smooth so I told the clerk I would take it.

Then she said they plugged it in for someone else and it didn't work so she would lower the price if I still wanted it. Got it for 25 in the end. Not sure if its a 66-16 but think so. Also not sure how far I have to tear into it to clean it up well. The cabinet could use a refinishing though.

Oh... and the best part...IT Works! They either didn't plug the cord in all the way, had a bad outlet, or tried the knee lever without the petal in the cab (like I did at first).

Karen

AH226962
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247589[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247583.jpe   attachment-247585.jpe  
Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM

Hi Billy! So glad to catch you here!

Read 3 of your tuts last night till my eyes wouldn't focus on the screen any longer. Both the cleaning and electrical tuts are the reason I joined this site. Thank you very much for doing them.

Karen
Old 08-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

I am glad that you enjoyed them and I hope that they help you out. If you have any questions then just ask away and I will try my best to help you out. And if I can I know there are several folks in here that can help you!

I love our little shop!! :D

Billy
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Candace, Are you attending the Gold Country TOGA coming up Sept 10th? The gal hosting the event has lots of those parts ( at least I thought I remember her showing me some during her tour of her work area). Well, she may have that part to sell to you.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Candace, Are you attending the Gold Country TOGA coming up Sept 10th? The gal hosting the event has lots of those parts ( at least I thought I remember her showing me some during her tour of her work area). Well, she may have that part to sell to you.

Thanks, if I can't find it online, I'll do that!