Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I have not seen the machine, but the owner tells me it is like this listing on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-WHEE...item2eb6de5986
He is asking 100, for it; way too expensive for me. Any thoughts or comments on this and these machines.
The one on ebay isn't worth what they're asking...and if the one that you'd be looking at is like it, it's not worth $100 either. JMHO....
Needles can be hard to find, and expensive when you do. (Yeah, I have a needle hangup....I like needles actually made for the machine instead of fudging something that "will work")
There are better D-9s out there... (at least better than the ebay machine!)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Oops.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 PM

I posted photos.... google it and #160741 to find out more:>[/quote]

I googled it and found it at April's 1930 shop. Is it made out of Gold? $595.95 That is one expensive foot. Kathie
Old 08-26-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by myreda
Bennett I tihnk you will really enjoy this machine. I have one with a kneebar too and I really enjoy sewing on it.
My 15-91 cabinet is set up with a knee bar and I love it. That's part of why I'm considering this one. I'm just going to have to see how the auction goes tomorrow. Never know at these things!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

I'm very excited over my find!!
Awesome find. I had to google it too. :)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 PM

O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today. With a box in great condition and original instructions. OMG, OMG, OMG.

I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on ebay as I need the money and don't ever plan on having a featherweight.

Candace congrats! That's a very nice find!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I posted photos.... google it and #160741 to find out more:>
I googled it and found it at April's 1930 shop. Is it made out of Gold? $595.95 That is one expensive foot. Kathie[/quote]

For $595 I would be buying an old industrial walking foot sewing machine. They are awesome and built to take the weight of what ever you want to put through the machine in the first place.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
O.K..... I need a moment of silence..... I found a Penguin in the wild today.

Okay, what is a Penguin? Kathie
I posted photos.... google it and #160741 to find out more:>
I googled and got this:

http://singer-featherweight.class221...oot-no-160741/

fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 AM

OMG..they go for about $600!!! I found one too: could I ask you to examine the inside and see if you can see where a small(tiny) rubber washer is?? I was showing mine off and when I took it off this washer dropped out and now I'm afraid to use it! When i told dh how much it went for that was his answer :sell it!!

You will made some FW owner VERY happy, these are almost impossible to find.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by greenini

OMG..they go for about $600!!! I found one too: could I ask you to examine the inside and see if you can see where a small(tiny) rubber washer is?? I was showing mine off and when I took it off this washer dropped out and now I'm afraid to use it! When i told dh how much it went for that was his answer :sell it!!

You will made some FW owner VERY happy, these are almost impossible to find.
I see a very small washer kind of thing, but it doesn't look rubber to me... It's on the long black screw that goes into the foot bar. Did you need me to take a photo?