Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by good_apple
Originally Posted by tomilu
Joke of the day. The "battery powdered box" is an audio mixer, lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-SEWING-MA...item3f0cc01cda
Actually it's a charger for rechargeable batteries. I had one just like it.
My bad, was just going by what someone else said it was. Thanks for the info.
Well, I still can't figure out why it's for sale with a sewing machine.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 PM

http://jackson.craigslist.org/art/2535500703.html

Need opinions please. How much "stuff" should be with this to make it cost effective? Also, she says OBO so maybe I could get her down some.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
http://jackson.craigslist.org/art/2535500703.html

Need opinions please. How much "stuff" should be with this to make it cost effective? Also, she says OBO so maybe I could get her down some.
I try to get 125 - 150 out of one depending what it has. That would have to be a LOT of stuff. I betcha she hasn't had ANY offers. Wait a week and offer her 100. You have nothing to lose.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
I'm sitting here feeling blue - just missed this beauty by 10 minutes. I should have been dialing the 'phone instead of "taking care of business". Crap (literally)!
OMG!!! That cabinet is worth more than $30.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by bezzie58
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a 1910 Franklin Treadle Machine today off cl. i can not find out anything about her. I am not totally sure she is a 1910 i was able to find a pic but not a very good one. The cabinet is a chain driven lift. Can someone tell me about her?????
Bezzie,
That's a pretty cabinet!!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:21 PM

Is there a Singer that does decorative stitches and is able to be treadled? I think some 328's can, but was wondering if there are others? I love to applique but want to do it on a treadle! (I know, I'm weird.) Anyone have any info?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Is there a Singer that does decorative stitches and is able to be treadled? I think some 328's can, but was wondering if there are others? I love to applique but want to do it on a treadle! (I know, I'm weird.) Anyone have any info?
you are right plus there are some German 400 series can be treadled but they are hard to find. Look on the vintage photo pages. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130994-1.htm
Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 PM

Not Glenn, but no, the 206 x 13 is for the 206/306/319/320 machines.

HOWEVER, my original point (before I threw in the ps on 206 needles) is that 20 x 1 needles are STILL available. You might have to do a bit of hunting, but it will be a lot cheaper than buying them on EBAY!!

[quote=BZ quilting]Glenn, is that the same as the 20X1??

Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
http://www.sewshop.com/Singer_Indust...4189-2182.html

http://www.sewingshop.com/singerindu...dles-20x1.aspx

I haven't personally bought from either of these sites, but these are the ones that pop up on a brief search. I would search until I got the best price. (And of course, post it to all your friends!)

Also, according to the ISMACS needle info, it's often possible to get a 15 x 1 to work in a machine originally designed for 20 x 1 just by cheating the needle down a bit.

I've also noticed that there are places "out there" to buy the 206 x 13 needles by the hundred. I was under the impression they were being phased out?

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Originally Posted by CharleeIsn't this bunch the greatest? I just bought some 20x1 needles on ebay for Mamie (New Florence)...they aren't cheap, but I *really* want to USE this machine![/quote

Did you get more than you need? I have been looking and looking for some for my Minnesota and have not been able to find them. I only have one needle and am so afraid of breaking it. If you do have a couple extra I would love to buy them.

Thanks
Bev
Bev, I was only able to get six needles, BUT!! I am going to go see the local SM "repair" guy (in quotes because his talents are questionable!!) and if I'm not mistaken, he's got a box or two in the back room...if he does, do you want me to get you some?
allbrand.com sells 206X13 100 for about $49. Pam at the Toga gave me this info.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 PM

306 and 319 can be treadled.
Originally Posted by lovelyl
Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Here is my latest from our local CL, a 185K from 6/16/1960. Close to my sixth grade graduation date! I haven't cleaned her up yet, but she sews very nicely already. It comes apart very easily for cleaning. I didn't get the attachments, but I think the ones from my FW will work. This green is so much fun!
She's beautiful!
Your FW attachments will work perfectly.
I have two of these 185's and LOVE them!