Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie58
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a 1910 Franklin Treadle Machine today off cl. i can not find out anything about her. I am not totally sure she is a 1910 i was able to find a pic but not a very good one. The cabinet is a chain driven lift. Can someone tell me about her?????
You've got a Sears! Well, at least a machine made by Sears to copy the Singer Model 27/127. I found out the information on Franklins when I was looking up my Minnesota.
http://www.ismacs.net/sears/sears.html
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Beautiful. Go buy it.
Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Here is a real Treasure. Never saw one before.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2533382930.html
DITTO...she's a beauty. I would hustle on over and get her!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well kids I broke down and started a blogspot tonite so if you want to follow me and my silly machine and quilting adventures just click on it and sign up to follow. There should be some good stuff on there and since this is my first blog I am really new to this so I am open to suggestions! ;)

Billy
I am still trying to figure out how to subscribe but I have read page 1.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by justtrish
Here is my new 221k-May 16, 1951
I'm :mrgreen: . I was hoping to find a 1951 FW, as my black 301 is a 1951, and that's my birth year. Mine is a 1957.

Janice are you saying you have a 1957 fw and want a 1951?

Just asking as the year doesn't matter to me :)
Old 08-10-2011, 06:45 AM

Billy, Yeah You! For a multitude of reasons. First off, you must be feeling better for this round. The motivation will hasten your healing. • you're branching into new "terror"tory. Some of these things intimidate me. Those young things can operate technology. I'm still at the point where I want to get up and turn a knob to change the channel or volume on a TV. I have difficulty operating a simple flip phone. I admire those of you who can open their doors, metaphorically speaking, using the technology out there. What you've done so far looks good. I'll be following. • For "moving" to such a romantic location.

• Suggestions? Well, keep a good sense of humor sprinkled in your comments. When writers block attacks, should that ever happen, just look out of your window, or on the floor. Whatever you see will "remind" you of something that happened years ago . . . happened to me on a regular basis, as I wrote about a memory, my thoughts would melt into a current day situation and the past was crumpled and tossed. That was on a typewriter - remember those? I envision a wonderful resource site with lots of pretty pictures.

This is like being around for the birth of a baby, and waiting for the first words, walking, and developing. It's exciting for me to see you Blog.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 AM

Thanks Miz Johnny, I will wait to see what Charlee finds, but I really appreciate your help, and will check out these if she doesn't find any originals.

Thanks
Bev

[quote=Miz Johnny]http://www.sewshop.com/Singer_Indust...4189-2182.html

http://www.sewingshop.com/singerindu...dles-20x1.aspx

I haven't personally bought from either of these sites, but these are the ones that pop up on a brief search. I would search until I got the best price. (And of course, post it to all your friends!)

Also, according to the ISMACS needle info, it's often possible to get a 15 x 1 to work in a machine originally designed for 20 x 1 just by cheating the needle down a bit.

I've also noticed that there are places "out there" to buy the 206 x 13 needles by the hundred. I was under the impression they were being phased out?

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Originally Posted by CharleeIsn't this bunch the greatest? I just bought some 20x1 needles on ebay for Mamie (New Florence)...they aren't cheap, but I *really* want to USE this machine![/quote

Did you get more than you need? I have been looking and looking for some for my Minnesota and have not been able to find them. I only have one needle and am so afraid of breaking it. If you do have a couple extra I would love to buy them.

Thanks
Bev
Bev, I was only able to get six needles, BUT!! I am going to go see the local SM "repair" guy (in quotes because his talents are questionable!!) and if I'm not mistaken, he's got a box or two in the back room...if he does, do you want me to get you some?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:50 AM

Glenn, is that the same as the 20X1??

[quote=Glenn]
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
http://www.sewshop.com/Singer_Indust...4189-2182.html

http://www.sewingshop.com/singerindu...dles-20x1.aspx

I haven't personally bought from either of these sites, but these are the ones that pop up on a brief search. I would search until I got the best price. (And of course, post it to all your friends!)

Also, according to the ISMACS needle info, it's often possible to get a 15 x 1 to work in a machine originally designed for 20 x 1 just by cheating the needle down a bit.

I've also noticed that there are places "out there" to buy the 206 x 13 needles by the hundred. I was under the impression they were being phased out?

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Originally Posted by CharleeIsn't this bunch the greatest? I just bought some 20x1 needles on ebay for Mamie (New Florence)...they aren't cheap, but I *really* want to USE this machine![/quote

Did you get more than you need? I have been looking and looking for some for my Minnesota and have not been able to find them. I only have one needle and am so afraid of breaking it. If you do have a couple extra I would love to buy them.

Thanks
Bev
Bev, I was only able to get six needles, BUT!! I am going to go see the local SM "repair" guy (in quotes because his talents are questionable!!) and if I'm not mistaken, he's got a box or two in the back room...if he does, do you want me to get you some?
allbrand.com sells 206X13 100 for about $49. Pam at the Toga gave me this info.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 AM

I'm sitting here feeling blue - just missed this beauty by 10 minutes. I should have been dialing the 'phone instead of "taking care of business". Crap (literally)!

Asking price ---------- $30!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239523[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239517.jpe   attachment-239519.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:10 AM

[I've got a few things there myself - even found a finger needle guard I was looking for to help protect my GD fingers when she's making her pillows![/quote]

Do tell me about the Finger Guard. I'm teaching my 4yoGD to sew. Last time she was here, we sewed on my 15-91 and I was teaching her how to hold her fingers on the fabric so that they wouldn't get under the needle. Although, she's very aware of the needle so I think her mommy has told her about it because mommy sews too.

BTW, she sewed together 4!! 6" strips!! She is so funny...I was showing her how to put right sides together so that the seam is on the wrong side. She kept saying "no no", see Nana, I want it to look like this when i finish" and she laid the right sides next to each other. I explained to her that is why we put the right sides together and then sew a seam. How come these little ones are sew smart???!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Celeste
How do I subscribe to your blog? When I click the subscribe, it sends me to what looks like code. . .
I dont know yet, I am still learning the whole thing myself but I thought it would be fun thing to do. Let me play with it a bit and I will let you know.

Billy