Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

http://dayton.craigslist.org/hsh/2515508483.html
why don't they post a pic of the business end? I wonder what that Lewis is?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I had the seven year old come sewing today. I put her on the hand crank and she did very well. Next week her 8 year old cousin is coming and wants to use the treadle. I gave the grandmother a treadle and head. She is getting the cabinet restored and the head is in great shape. She can take over letting her granddaughters sew on it. The girls both have enjoyed sewing on my old machines. I hope that they continue for ever. Kathie
I am wondering what my DG will think of my treadle! She wants to try everything, not sure how that will work. She'll be able to spin the hand wheel on the Minnesota with no problem, and I think she'll like the new green machine.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

Well kids I broke down and started a blogspot tonite so if you want to follow me and my silly machine and quilting adventures just click on it and sign up to follow. There should be some good stuff on there and since this is my first blog I am really new to this so I am open to suggestions! ;)

Billy
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well kids I broke down and started a blogspot tonite so if you want to follow me and my silly machine and quilting adventures just click on it and sign up to follow. There should be some good stuff on there and since this is my first blog I am really new to this so I am open to suggestions! ;)

Billy
I love reading blogspots!!! Interesting just seeing the individuality, interests, and projects from others.

Glad to see that you are feeling better to start a blogspot.
Still rest and eat healthy!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Spotted in the wild today? A White made machine called a "Willamette D". At the Goodwill, $99.00.

The machine was made for an Oregon company called Meier & Frank, and that's badged on the cabinet.

It stayed there, cabinet was in rough shape...the pedal was broken.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 PM

How do I subscribe to your blog? When I click the subscribe, it sends me to what looks like code. . .
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a 1910 Franklin Treadle Machine today off cl. i can not find out anything about her. I am not totally sure she is a 1910 i was able to find a pic but not a very good one. The cabinet is a chain driven lift. Can someone tell me about her?????

this is her
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239438[/ATTACH]

this is her home minus the hands
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239439[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239432.jpe   attachment-239433.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 AM

Joke of the day. The "battery powdered box" is an audio mixer, lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-SEWING-MA...item3f0cc01cda
Old 08-10-2011, 04:05 AM

Billy
I will read it after getting back from Walmart. I love blogspots; have one myself.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
My new to me 15-75. Needs some TLC, but has lots of attachments, white plastic case. Manual included is for a FW.
This is a look-alike pic, not mine. This was a good buy at $25 and less than 2miles from the house.
I love the machine!!!!

Billy
You know, I have a couple of spoked wheels. I'm pondering making it into a treadle and using it for bobbin work. Hmmm back to pondering.