Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3869 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 2869 3369 3769 3819 3859 3868 3869 3870 3879 3919 3969 4369 ... LastLast
Results 38,681 to 38,690 of 44028

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Miriam, Glad to hear everyone is finally safe and sound. They have really had there share of bad luck.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Something cool is happening for our son - he is a musician - starving artist I'd say... Anyway his musician friends have been taking up a collection to buy him a car. WOW! Oh he plays guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, cello, a vintage Steel guitar and what ever else has strings - he finds and repairs about any old stringed instrument - lots of guitars.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    The Steel guitar is my favorite. I could listen to just the music with no singing. Glad he is doing ok.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Miriam - thank goodness your son is fine! Also, I am happy to hear that Wilbur is recovering so wonderfully!

I have a question on treadle machines. I've been playing with my WW8 the last few days and it actually sews nicely with good tension now. Yea! While reading manuals I noticed that the WW8 machine came with an "emery wheel" and that it attaches somewhere on the bobbin winder and it was for sharpening the needles. Since this machine takes special needles it would be great if I could extend the life of them by sharpening them. Does anyone know what this accessory looks like? I haven't been able to find any pictures of one. I searched ISMACS, treadleon, and vintageTreadleMachines Yahoo group and didn't find anything. I'm thinking if I can see what it looks like then I can find a stone or emery wheel that will work for me. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Miriam - thank goodness your son is fine! Also, I am happy to hear that Wilbur is recovering so wonderfully!

I have a question on treadle machines. I've been playing with my WW8 the last few days and it actually sews nicely with good tension now. Yea! While reading manuals I noticed that the WW8 machine came with an "emery wheel" and that it attaches somewhere on the bobbin winder and it was for sharpening the needles. Since this machine takes special needles it would be great if I could extend the life of them by sharpening them. Does anyone know what this accessory looks like? I haven't been able to find any pictures of one. I searched ISMACS, treadleon, and vintageTreadleMachines Yahoo group and didn't find anything. I'm thinking if I can see what it looks like then I can find a stone or emery wheel that will work for me. Thanks everyone.
    Can't answer the grinding wheel question but MY1014 work in my WW8 & 9. There industrial so you have to align but worth a shot.

Jon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Can't answer the grinding wheel question but MY1014 work in my WW8 & 9. There industrial so you have to align but worth a shot.

Jon
    What are MY1014 needles and where do you get them??? I have a W&W - it might have some needles in the drawer though - no grinding wheel that I can remember.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    What are MY1014 needles and where do you get them??? I have a W&W - it might have some needles in the drawer though - no grinding wheel that I can remember.
    The 1014 needles are available on ebay under "MY1014 needle" search and probably elsewhere. Just an industrial to use as a substitute for the expensive Boye's.
    I've heard rumors of the WW8 needle grinder but have never used one.

Jon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Something cool is happening for our son - he is a musician - starving artist I'd say... Anyway his musician friends have been taking up a collection to buy him a car. WOW! Oh he plays guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, cello, a vintage Steel guitar and what ever else has strings - he finds and repairs about any old stringed instrument - lots of guitars.
    Miriam, I have always believed in the end, something good always comes out of something bad! So glad to hear your son's friends are stepping up to the plate to help him out. He sounds like a very talented guy!

Nancy

Other than a few sources on eBay I haven't found any real stores that sell the MY1014 needles. I think it's a shame to be forced to go through all BS you are forced to go through to by something there.

JMHO

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Other than a few sources on eBay I haven't found any real stores that sell the MY1014 needles. I think it's a shame to be forced to go through all BS you are forced to go through to by something there.

JMHO

Joe
    Great resource for the buyer, tough on the seller. I love it but it's not for everyone I suppose.

Jon