Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Oh my Muv!! That one would have HAD to come home with me if I saw it!! You're right, I like that treadle!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Muv...

That looks like a VERY powerful machine. Light industrial. Great find. We don't see many European/Eastern Block machines like that here is the States.

Actually, the more I look at it the more I would love to see the guts of it. Could you post the underside, and upper movements without the upper plate?

Last edited by DanofNJ; 08-26-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Muv

Glad you all enjoyed seeing the Polish machine. Next time we go there I shall have to take my machine cleaning kit and give it the once over. I didn't have a go on it - if I were to try it out I would have to unscrew the motor and rig up the treadle.

Sorry Dan, no inside or underneath photos I'm afraid. Will a side view keep you going?

When we were in Poland my husband's cousin did an internet search and found plenty of Lucznik machines for sale. They looked like new models - so far as I can make out from looking at the internet today I think the name has been taken over by a Czech company, because they went bust a few years ago. The history of the company is interesting, usual story of guns and sewing machines.

Quick pronunciation guide - The L should have a line through it, but I don't know how to do that on my keyboard, and it is pronounced like a W. The cz together are pronounced like ch.

I had never seen one of these machines before, but I have just found a Lucznik on Ebay in London. It didn't sell.
Attached Thumbnails poland-074.jpg  
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Glad you all enjoyed seeing the Polish machine. Next time we go there I shall have to take my machine cleaning kit and give it the once over. I didn't have a go on it - if I were to try it out I would have to unscrew the motor and rig up the treadle.

Sorry Dan, no inside or underneath photos I'm afraid. Will a side view keep you going?

When we were in Poland my husband's cousin did an internet search and found plenty of Lucznik machines for sale. They looked like new models - so far as I can make out from looking at the internet today I think the name has been taken over by a Czech company, because they went bust a few years ago. The history of the company is interesting, usual story of guns and sewing machines.

Quick pronunciation guide - The L should have a line through it, but I don't know how to do that on my keyboard, and it is pronounced like a W. The cz together are pronounced like ch.

I had never seen one of these machines before, but I have just found a Lucznik on Ebay in London. It didn't sell.
Muv, How would you treadle that machine since it doesn't have a treadle pedal? Only the wheel is there.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Muv

Hello Monica - the bottom panel of the cabinet is the pedal. I tried it out - it's got a great movement!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Hello Monica - the bottom panel of the cabinet is the pedal. I tried it out - it's got a great movement!
Muv, next time you have to take your video camera and a screwdriver - we are very curious aren't we?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:43 AM

I can't visualize how that works since the pitman just goes down to where the holder/junction is for where the pedal plate should attach or junction to the pitman. Do you have another picture of that area of the cabinet?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 AM

MUV, This is an example of what I knows works. I just can't picture how the treadle you posted would work.

This is a Lucsnik in treadle that looks similar to the one you show.
http://archiwumallegro.pl/zabytkowa_...262064860.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358058[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-08-26-10.00.53-am.png  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Monica, the whole "floor" of the cabinet is the pedal! I want one!

Muv, so the machine's name is pronounced "Wuch-nik"?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Muv, I'm like Monica - hard to picture the whole floor rotating up and down! Cool idea, although, I'd like to see someone treadling and see the motion of the floor! Or even better see the underside to see how the floor is connected and jointed to move up and down! That is a cool looking outfit, though!

Ok you guys, I worked on my 319w this morning and got it re-timed!~ I hope! It seems to be working just fine, but of course I won't know until I try a decorative stitch. Cathy I remember you saying something about where the eye of the needle needed to be when it reconnects with the hook. Slightly lower than the hook? Anyway, I timed it so the eye of the needle is slightly below the hook when the needle has gone to the lowest point and is coming up? Candace? It seems to be right as it is sewing?

Nancy