Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3919 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2919 3419 3819 3869 3909 3918 3919 3920 3929 3969 4019 ... LastLast
Results 39,181 to 39,190 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #39181
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,631
    Blog Entries
    19
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/3334222951.html
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/3298424803.html
    These are the two Pfaff's closest to me available on Craigslist. The treadle looks nice as does the e-machine but both are out of my price range. I did drool for a few minutes over the e-machine but cannot realistically afford anywhere near that price but I can look and drool.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  2. #39182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    528
    I love the Pfaff's. I have a 360 non auto and a 260. They are Powerful machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #39183
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,631
    Blog Entries
    19
    Dan; Like the looks of your machine.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  4. #39184
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    I love the Pfaff's. I have a 360 non auto and a 260. They are Powerful machines.
    Dan I have the same 260 and I also have a 360! Great machines!

    Nancy

  5. #39185
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/3334222951.html
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/3298424803.html
    These are the two Pfaff's closest to me available on Craigslist. The treadle looks nice as does the e-machine but both are out of my price range. I did drool for a few minutes over the e-machine but cannot realistically afford anywhere near that price but I can look and drool.
    Chris
    Chris, that is the problem with Pfaff's! Everyone who has one thinks they have a gold mine! They are almost always priced too high! Although, that treadle isn't priced too bad - it is at least at a price that you could lower with an offer.

    Nancy

  6. #39186
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Joe and Elaine, I love the aprons. I too have patterns but never got around to making one. Have fun selling them I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments on them.
    Joe and Elaine, I also love the aprons! I could quote Trish word for word! I also have some apron patterns that I have not done!

    Nancy

  7. #39187
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
    Nancy - I almost wish you hadn't said that. One of my big gripes is noise, it's been a problem for me for years. So the Pfaffs are super quiet, eh? How about ultra quiet treadles?
    Kenneth, you shouldn't take my word for the quiet running Pfaff's, you need to get a good vintage one and see for yourself! They have a very strong, quiet, powerful sound! Unlike, my 301 - which, is now very noisy to me! As far as treadles go, I treadle all the time and my treadles are not quiet! Well, maybe my 319 is pretty quiet, but my 15-88 is noisy!

    Jenn, a studio sounds very exciting!

    Grant, I have wondered about the stitch wheels being different for the different models? You said you are going to do some research on that subject? I am very curious as to what you find out. I have a stitch wheel for my 230, and one I purchased off of e-bay for the 260. I don't have a stitch wheel for my 360, but the book shows one. I need to compare the wheels. Just looking at them, they look very similar.

    Nancy

  8. #39188
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    459
    I was one of the lucky ones who found a Pfaff 230 Automatic, with the metal can of feet and 3 bobbins, with the cute circle foot control for $10. It was in a cruddy case, and I had no idea it was so cool. Neither did the seller. It was marked $20, and I sort of smirked at the ugly case, and the man said, "How about $10?" Well within two days, my uncle drove up with a cabinet his wife's mom didn't want anymore, and said I could have it, and the Pfaff went right in. Ta Dah!! It is awesome. I do not have the original stitch wheel, but I had made my own just playing with the machine. I am glad more Pfaffs are finding new homes.
    Melinda

  9. #39189
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    781
    Nancy, I am not finished doing the research on this but what I do know is that on the back of the envelope the stitch wheel comes in is a list of machines that it can be used with. If yours came with the envelope, look on the back of it. Can anyone else shed some light on this? I would be interested to know what wheels work with what machines as well. ~G~
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Kenneth, you shouldn't take my word for the quiet running Pfaff's, you need to get a good vintage one and see for yourself! They have a very strong, quiet, powerful sound! Unlike, my 301 - which, is now very noisy to me! As far as treadles go, I treadle all the time and my treadles are not quiet! Well, maybe my 319 is pretty quiet, but my 15-88 is noisy!

    Jenn, a studio sounds very exciting!

    Grant, I have wondered about the stitch wheels being different for the different models? You said you are going to do some research on that subject? I am very curious as to what you find out. I have a stitch wheel for my 230, and one I purchased off of e-bay for the 260. I don't have a stitch wheel for my 360, but the book shows one. I need to compare the wheels. Just looking at them, they look very similar.

    Nancy

  10. #39190
    Senior Member pinkCastleDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Kenneth, you shouldn't take my word for the quiet running Pfaff's, you need to get a good vintage one and see for yourself! They have a very strong, quiet, powerful sound! Unlike, my 301 - which, is now very noisy to me! As far as treadles go, I treadle all the time and my treadles are not quiet! Well, maybe my 319 is pretty quiet, but my 15-88 is noisy!
    Nancy
    Nancy - I'll end up doing some in person research but it's nice to know where to start. I'm planning to treadle the New Home CZ, using the super smooth New Home irons we picked up last weekend and I have high hopes for that combo. I think it was on Treadleon that I saw a comment on how quiet a treadled 201 is but I doubt Herself will let me treadle one of her 201-2s.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.