Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM

Default Little Santa Wall Hanging

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]296361[/ATTACH]Here is the little Santa wall hanging I had to do on my Two Spools Treadle to get the grid lines straight!
No electricity was used on this little Santa!
Nancy
Nancy, that is so adorable! You did a fantastic job! I love it!!
Jan on 446
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by star619 View Post
Perhaps someone could help me find information on maintenance on my Singer 66 treadle machine. I have a reproduction instruction booklet, but theere is no information on where to oil it. I bought it for the cabinet ( to make a nightstand), but when I opened it, there was the machine in pristine, but used, condition with the purchase papers and installmentpayment schedule. It is written in German(I )believe, and cost $88 in 1928. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me so I can get her in her best running condition. D.Stair

Free manual link:
http://sewingonline.co.uk/instructions/singer66/
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM

YIPPEE!!!! My DS got the Singer 115 treadle head unfrozen!!! Soon I hope to get her stitching again. He's working on the rusty screws and plates, hopefully they can be salvaged. He used a penetrating oil and said it was amazing to see it work. He loves tinkering with machinery of any sort.
Sharon W.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Nancy,
Your Santa wall hanging is soooo cute! You did an excellent job of sewing him.
Sharon W.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
YIPPEE!!!! My DS got the Singer 115 treadle head unfrozen!!! Soon I hope to get her stitching again. He's working on the rusty screws and plates, hopefully they can be salvaged. He used a penetrating oil and said it was amazing to see it work. He loves tinkering with machinery of any sort.
Sharon W.
It's always a good feeling to get these vintage ladies and gents running again. Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:31 PM

Hi all!! Been busy like some others here, getting Christmas going, and my mom has been in the hospital. So we are running back and forth to her, and to her place to get needed things. We are finally moving her in with us next week, so have been decluttering a room for her. We took 2 truck loads to the Salvation Army this weekend...it was a relief to get rid of all that clutter/"stuff"!!! It felt liberating!! I can't wait to dig into our closets and cupboards and do some more.....

Anyway, DH is still working on my treadle cabinets....his speed is slow or slower it seems!! Or is that just my impatience??? LOL He's still recovering from knee replacement, and seems to get tired easily still. Anyway, I don't think I'll be treadling until after New Years! :-( I'm living vicariously through all of your sewing/treadling/buying!!! And enjoying it all.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 PM

that penetrating oil is a wonder and having the patience to do little at a time..Great news!
Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
YIPPEE!!!! penetrating oil and said it was amazing to see it work.
Sharon W.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:51 PM

Hoping all quiets down for you and your Mom and DH..wonderful that you are taking care of Mom..so many don't care about family..know well the de-cluttering routine for someone else..it's what motivates me to get r' done at least a few times a year..may the coming year be a good one for all...Liz

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
and my mom has been in the hospital. We are finally moving her in with us next week, so have been decluttering a room for her...it was a relief to get rid of all that clutter/"stuff"!!! It felt liberating!!
He's still recovering from knee replacement, and seems to get tired easily still. -( I'm living vicariously through all of your sewing/treadling/buying!!! And enjoying it all.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM

Miriam - I am sure it was an experience to go to that auction. Anxiously awaiting more stories and pictures of your finds.

Nancy - a very cut Santa. Not sure of the method you used but it turned out great.

All such great machines and stuff getting rescued. prices here have seemed high lately. Maybe it is dreaming of getting money before Christmas. I am off the rest of the week and hope to play with some machines and get some sewing done also. Along with the painting and searching for some blinds and closet doors.....
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Hi all!! Been busy like some others here, getting Christmas going, and my mom has been in the hospital. So we are running back and forth to her, and to her place to get needed things. We are finally moving her in with us next week, so have been decluttering a room for her. We took 2 truck loads to the Salvation Army this weekend...it was a relief to get rid of all that clutter/"stuff"!!! It felt liberating!! I can't wait to dig into our closets and cupboards and do some more.....

Anyway, DH is still working on my treadle cabinets....his speed is slow or slower it seems!! Or is that just my impatience??? LOL He's still recovering from knee replacement, and seems to get tired easily still. Anyway, I don't think I'll be treadling until after New Years! :-( I'm living vicariously through all of your sewing/treadling/buying!!! And enjoying it all.
Eeks! You are busy! Sorry to hear that your mom is ill and in the hospital. That's a lot of work having to go through a her home and make space for her to live with you. Hope all goes smoothly there.

That machine isn't running away from you...better that your husband's knee isn't reinjured by working on a treadle.
You have your other vintage machines to quilt with during the wait. Please make something with them and post for us to enjoy! I always love seeing what others make with their vintage machines.