Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3937 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 2937 3437 3837 3887 3927 3936 3937 3938 3947 3987 4037 ... LastLast
Results 39,361 to 39,370 of 44177

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Joe,

I use Paint in Windows 7. Its simple to use, besides Photoshop Elements drove me crazy.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Cathy,

Thanks for posting the better pic. What program do you use that gives you the big arrow? None of mine do.

Joe
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    I haven't looked up from the bottom yet. To adjust the springy part I just loosened the two little screws and nudged it over a bit.

Joe
    You do not need to - your's works! If what you did would not work you would need to look at how the spring is held in - fortunately I had a donor
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Cathy,

Thanks. I have paint but never used it for much.

Miriam,
    I'll probably have it apart to do more cleaning anyway so I'll take a look see just for my education.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Thanks. I have paint but never used it for much.

Miriam,
    I'll probably have it apart to do more cleaning anyway so I'll take a look see just for my education.

Joe
    Joe, it has been 3 years or so - I can't remember much other than it was a B**** and it took me a bit to figure out
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

The BC retainer is held in place with a bracket underneath the bed. If the BC retainer is completely removed from the machine, getting it back in place under the bracket (under the bed) can be a bear. Ask me how I learned that lesson.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Some how there is some screw under the machine that holds that in - had to round one up once
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Miriam,

The BC retainer is held in place with a bracket underneath the bed. If the BC retainer is completely removed from the machine, getting it back in place under the bracket (under the bed) can be a bear. Ask me how I learned that lesson.

Cathy
    Cathy you said it all - been there and done it.

Blog Entries
    Just checking in--A big thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers during the illness and death of my dear husband, Dick. I am starting to make a dent in all that must be done. Jenn B did call me right as I was coming back from the funeral, so I wasn't joking about getting one of her machines. She asked if there was anything she could do for me, and I said I'd love to have that maple cabinet machine from the museum sale. Hey, couldn't hurt to ask---She and I talked awhile today and perhaps we will get together after the holidays. Glenn and Pat have been so supportive and I value their friendship more each day. I'm reading the list most days, but perhaps in a few days I will be more mentally ready to begin this new life chapter.
    Hugs to all,

Texas Jan

Do you have the manual to the dressmaker? The manual with was with mine, which is very similar, and has specific instructions about using the cams if you need me to send the page.
    Melinda

Blog Entries

Hand crank sewing machine identification

I have just got a little HC with the original HC complete with attachments. It is a Nelsons No. 45 never heard of it but looks like a New Home to me. Can anyone tell me about it?
    Skip
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Do you have the manual to the dressmaker? The manual with was with mine, which is very similar, and has specific instructions about using the cams if you need me to send the page.
    I need a manual for stuff like that cam stack too.