Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3981 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 2981 3481 3881 3931 3971 3980 3981 3982 3991 4031 4081 ... LastLast
Results 39,801 to 39,810 of 43959

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Grant, the Anker and the Westinghouse both look awesome! Did your friend Tom learn how to clean and shine up a machine from you?

I love the little booties idea. I am going to make booties for my portables with a foot pedal! I agree, I hate scratches! Thank you for the idea!

Nancy
    Nancy, Yes. Tom is getting some advice from me as a matter of fact he is coming over today to learn how to rewire a motor. I'm trying to get him to join us here on QB. I think he will soon.
    Thank you. Tom's has a nicer finish on it though. I know how you like the Pfaff's and this would be comparable to one of them as far as performance and stitching. Like I said, if you see one at a good price, grab it! They are built in Germany and run so smooth, it is amazing. They are very forgiving machines and sew so smoothly and SUPER simple to use too.
    Make the booties kind of snug. The first ones I made were old pant legs and were loose fitting. The foot controller just slid out of it and that kind of defeats the purpose. And you are welcome.
    ~G~
    Name:  IMG_8687s.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  440.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Booties are a good idea - I've seen tons of scratched up machines only from the foot control rattling around.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I make my controller pouches out of felt. I color match them to the machine.

Joe

A long time ago someone posted a website that checked things out on Craig's list for items nationwide. My laptop was the only place I had it bookmarked and it crashed. Could anyone who knows it please repost it? Thanks in advance, Annie
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hootnannie View Post
    A long time ago someone posted a website that checked things out on Craig's list for items nationwide. My laptop was the only place I had it bookmarked and it crashed. Could anyone who knows it please repost it? Thanks in advance, Annie
    http://www.searchtempest.com/
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Has anyone recovered a portable case? They had fabric or alligator skin on them originally. I have a couple that need some attention. Unless Duct Tape was originally put on them.
    ~G~

thanks Miriam,
    I'm writing it down in my notebook with all my machines #s and info.
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Has anyone recovered a portable case? They had fabric or alligator skin on them originally. I have a couple that need some attention. Unless Duct Tape was originally put on them.
    ~G~
    I've done several.
    SEWMOR 404 Case redeaux
    Hother case repair finished.
    Sewing machine case repair

To do them right requires a lot of work, but in my opinion the end results are worth it. Considering you can't just go out and buy new wooden case anymore. And the plastic ones are not really suitable for the heavier old machines.

And, no duct tape isn't original equipment.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I do think you are right Monica, but I am trying to talk myself out of the Jones machines! I am losing the battle, though! I put off going to see either machine, I am dragging my feet. I now have around 60 machines. I don't worry so much about the portable ones, they can go on a shelf, but the Jones treadle is going to be a problem. I want that machine in the house - but, where to put it? I can't stand clutter! I have my cargo unit . . . sewing machine museum so full now, I can hardly move in there! That is ok, but I can't do that to the house! I already got rid of my beautiful curio cabinet to make room for the Pfaff treadle! Oh well, we are all a lost bunch!

Nancy
    Well, I lost the battle with myself! Here is my new Jones HC!Name:  jones HC.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  1.46 MB
    Name:  Jones HCback.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  1.58 MBIt has a nice coffin top too that does not show in the photo! How could I refuse to get this machine????? I have no will power!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Nancy, sooooo pretty!
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish