Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4159 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 3159 3659 4059 4109 4149 4158 4159 4160 4169 4209 4259 ... LastLast
Results 41,581 to 41,590 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Grant,

The hand wheel flange came off easily. I used my two toe gear puller, a really neat tool.
    Send me PM with your snail mail address, as it is now yours.

Name:  2013-06-02 15.28.20.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  164.3 KBName:  2013-06-02 15.29.06.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  131.9 KB

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Grant,

I supected that the knob wasn't on at the time, but the picture of the center of
    the knob looked like debris or scratched. So I asked.
    I think I have a similar, if not the same machine on the parts shelf. I'll check
    when I get home tomorrow. I'll try pulling the flange and see what it's secret is.
    The flange is yours if I have it.

Cathy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Skip,

Don't know why it's so expensive here. Perhaps because this is a very small place and there is only one machine / welding shop in the area. They have the market cornered.

I took them the large piece with two broken places and they quoted me $70.00 to weld the two places. I want it done, but haven't been able to put the money back for that yet.

As for schools, I'll check it out. But I doubt there's any that teach things around here other than rap, drugs, mugging, drive by shootings, and how to breed, claim welfare, wics, food stamps and pay for brand new Cadillacs.

Oh my, I'm being a bit sarcastic aren't I?

Joe

Blog Entries
    No Joe you just sound a little frustrated. It is hard to find anyone to do such small jobs anymore without charging a fortune for the work
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    How do you tell the difference between a 301 and a FW table? I bought one this weekend that is supposedly a FW table but I have my doubts.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Chris,

Quick and easy answer? The skirt around the 221 table is black and rounded and the skirt around the 301 table is tan and with flat surface. And the leg color matches the skirt.
    The 221 table also has a bump out on the right side of the cut out to fit around the plug.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    How do you tell the difference between a 301 and a FW table? I bought one this weekend that is supposedly a FW table but I have my doubts.
    Chris
    Last edited by Mizkaki; 06-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Chris,

Quick and easy answer? The skirt around the 221 table is black and rounded and the skirt around the 301 table is tan and with flat surface. And the leg color matches the skirt.
    The 221 table also has a bump out on the right side of the cut out to fit around the plug.

Cathy
    Cathy; thanks for the information. It is a FW table. Kind of sad about that but I'm okay too. I now have a table for Betsy and I'll just keep on looking for a 301 table. BTW: I paid $40 for the table ~ the cobwebs were free.
    Last edited by chris_quilts; 06-02-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Chris,

I should have clarified that the bump out on the 221 table that only shows when the cutout insert is removed. The bump out on the 301 table is seen on the insert.

Sorry if that caused you any confusion,
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Cathy; thanks for the information. It is a FW table. Kind of sad about that but I'm okay too. I now have a table for Betsy and I'll just keep on looking for a 301 table. BTW: I paid $40 for the table ~ the cobwebs were free.
    Last edited by Mizkaki; 06-02-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
    found this Aussie who soaks entire vintage car body parts for up 2 weeks in molasses and water solution.
    ... Those crazy Aussies! :P

I bet it makes the molasses taste funny.
    ~G~

He has to wear gloves to take things out of the tank the had them in, and the top of the liquid has bubbly mold growing on it. Yuck! He said it's non toxic but smells so sweet he can't stand to get it on his skin. With all that sugar in it, it must be making some kind of alcohol, like Apple cider does.
    But I say if he can do it non-toxic good on him