Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4196 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 3196 3696 4096 4146 4186 4195 4196 4197 4206 4246 4296 ... LastLast
Results 41,951 to 41,960 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Slip over to EBay and type "waterslide decal printer" in the search, there is some amazing stuff and a reasonable price.
    I think what Amelia wanted to know is, has anyone actually used any of these products? Is there a product that works best over another, or all other, products. If she doesn't want to know, I do. I am going to be starting a painting project very soon. I wanted to weigh my options on the water decals. Is there one that outperforms the others? I also want to know if special ink is necessary for them as well. I think I remember that some transfers needed special ink cartridges or ink color to work properly. And a decal that does not yellow would be good to know too.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I think what Amelia wanted to know is, has anyone actually used any of these products? Is there a product that works best over another, or all other, products. If she doesn't want to know, I do. I am going to be starting a painting project very soon. I wanted to weigh my options on the water decals. Is there one that outperforms the others? I also want to know if special ink is necessary for them as well. I think I remember that some transfers needed special ink cartridges or ink color to work properly. And a decal that does not yellow would be good to know too.
    ~G~
    I want to know, too.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I want to know, three. Been out of pocket a good bit, but qb is my end of the day reading, so been keeping up. Welcome to the new folks, and good work to the not so new. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July, and thank you to the service men and women for letting my family have one. My older daughter's boyfriend chose yesterday to ask for her daddy's ok to propose, so we are waiting on a big day soon.
    Melinda

I've used water decals when the originals were gone or too damaged to restore...they work great! I put clear lacquer over them and it works perfectly!

Miriam, you're a genius! The plate works and I've been trying out the straight and zigzag stitches. This machine makes a beautiful satin stitch. I've named her Vixen.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

I've named her Vixen.
    Best. Name. EVER!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    Miriam, you're a genius! The plate works and I've been trying out the straight and zigzag stitches. This machine makes a beautiful satin stitch. I've named her Vixen.
    glad it worked for you! Thanks got the letter today.

Blog Entries
    I picked up 6 more machines today. Whew. My favorite is a little green Riccar. It was grubby looking. All 6 machines are grubby looking. The Riccar had a sticker on it. The sticker was falling off so I tugged on it and most of it came off. Goo gone isn't getting rid of the rest of it. The machine cleaned up nice. I think it is my new favorite left hand machine.
    Name:  Green Riccar, etc 002.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  144.2 KB
    Last edited by miriam; 07-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I picked up 6 more machines today. Whew. My favorite is a little green Riccar.
    Miriam, it sounds like you had a fun day! I'm a novice I guess since I only get one at a time.

Blog Entries
    Judy, for what ever reason Goodwill is selling a ton of derelict machines. The worst of the lot are ending up at my place. Some are diamonds in the rough some are just plain old rough. I am learning a lot. It is a cheap way for me to learn more repairs.