Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 AM

I have to pipe in with congrats as well, Steve. Lawyer or not, daughters are so special.... and we support them in whatever path they take.

And a happy Thanksgiving to everyone.... I'm so looking forward to this one. Last year I couldn't do a thing because of my broken arm so this year it's going to be SPECIAL. I think I'll take a photo and show you all.... I'm so excited to be back to 100%.... and my kitchen is my domain once again.... Yeah!!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Some years the family is fragile. I can remember Thanksgiving with the in-laws. Oh the drama. Makes you want to pop some corn and watch the show.
Sounds like Christmas with my in-laws. I just wanted to be out of there as fast as I could and DH could not understand until we did Christmas with my family one year. We just don't do that to ourselves anymore unless absolutely necessary.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I rarely post anything machine oriented in this thread because it gets lost too fast. Joe
Hi again everyone. I was gone for the summer and now I’m back posting in the Vintage Sewing Machine area. I had to trim down my online time somewhat, and my interest turned to industrial machines, treadles, and industrial treadle machines, so I drifted away from the Quilt Board in May.

I have the same problem as Joe with searching for anything in this thread. I haven’t found where the search results can be delivered by post, only by thread. Maybe I’m missing something. I prefer the individual threads, so I’ll probably hang around out there. I did want to pop in here and say hello so you wouldn’t think that I was mad at anybody. Happy Thanksgiving!

CD in Oklahoma
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM

It's good seeing everyone posting that haven't posted for awhile. I think of all of you often wondering what you are doing and hoping that life is treating you well. Brings a smile to my face knowing all are still around.

Sir Steve, Congratulations to your daughter, that is an impressive achievement.

Happy Thanksgiving!

And A Happy Chanukah to those that celebrate both holidays!
This year the first day of Chanukah falls on Thanksgiving. That last time that happened was in 1888, and the next time that happens will be 79,043 years from now. So this year is very unique for those that celebrate both holidays.

May everyone's Thursday, wherever you live and whatever belief you follow, be a peaceful day!

Vintagemotif-Monica
Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM

Steve,
I'm so happy for your DD.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
It's good seeing everyone posting that haven't posted for awhile. I think of all of you often wondering what you are doing and hoping that life is treating you well. Brings a smile to my face knowing all are still around.

Vintagemotif-Monica
Monica, I so agree! It is nice to pop in and see most of the "old" regulars back! I have been riding all summer, not sewing, not cleaning machines, not hunting for machines, or refinishing machines, mostly just riding - but, I miss the machines, I miss sewing - and I miss you guys! Even though, I haven't been on board much since spring, I have thought of you all often! It is nice to see you all come back once in a while! Anyway, I just gave away 3 of my machines. They are going to help girls rescued from being held as sex slaves in Mexico! They also need twin quilts, so I am going to start sewing again right after Christmas! Nancy
Old 11-28-2013, 12:43 AM

Default Alternating presser

Does anyone know what this is? I'm interested in a machine that has "No alternating presser!" written as a note on ISMACS. Just wondering what I'd be missing out on.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 AM

So glad to see everyone again. Happy Thursday to all from my hubby and me.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Does anyone know what this is? I'm interested in a machine that has "No alternating presser!" written as a note on ISMACS. Just wondering what I'd be missing out on.
You have my attention!! What is that?!? Details please, even if it is just a link.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Looks like it might be some sort of walking foot arrangement for industrial machines. At least that is what I gather from a cursory examination of the results of a Bing search on "Alternating Presser Feet".