Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-19-2014, 07:49 PM

This has happened twice in the past few days. My friend from Adelaide bought the first one (which was $5 cheaper than this one). I already called about this but (unsurprisingly) it's gone. It would have been a 90 minute drive but hey, it's a nice day (it would have seemed like a nicer one if I'd been first).

I think the owner of this one probably saw the ad for the other one and figured this is how much they go for and listed for the same price. They don't come up very often but had she checked eBay as well, no doubt the price would have been a little closer to the norm.

EDIT: Why are uploaded pictures appearing twice? I keep having to remove the uploaded one, so that only the ghost copy appears.
Attached Thumbnails 222k.png  
Old 09-19-2014, 08:02 PM

That had to really hurt but congrats to your friend.
I'd like to say there'll be others, but probably not at that price.
Rodney
Old 09-20-2014, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
EDIT: Why are uploaded pictures appearing twice? I keep having to remove the uploaded one, so that only the ghost copy appears.
I was having the same problem.

Miriam. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.
~G~
Old 09-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
I was having the same problem.

Miriam. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.
~G~
Thank you. He said they finally got her moved last night. Some doctor gave her the wrong IV and she reacted to that. She will be in re-hab for 3 weeks then there after a commute. I'm looking to see if the e-card I sent this morning went through before I post the link.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Thank you. He said they finally got her moved last night. Some doctor gave her the wrong IV and she reacted to that. She will be in re-hab for 3 weeks then there after a commute. I'm looking to see if the e-card I sent this morning went through before I post the link.
A new drug that they were supposed to give her or did they screw up? Reactions to new medications happen but she should never have received a wrong medication by mistake. Where I go for my cancer treatments they have a system of checking with the patient and with another nurse in the room so that giving the wrong medicine can never happen.
I'm glad to see that she's ok anyway.
Thank you Miriam, I hope the link works.
Rodney
Old 09-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Too much saline in the IV - she has the old cancer/tumor problems and drugs for that in addition to the stroke issues. She is a survivor. My son was the one that figured it out. He called her cancer doctor and she got things straightened out. Now she is finally in re-hab.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

On a lighter note... We went to Huntsville to see Glenn & Pat last week end. When we were on the way, we thought we might have to go clear to Florida when Ashleah took a turn for the worst. We had decided if things got better we would stay out of the way if it got worse we would go just to be support for our son. Finally he called with good news and we decided a 2 day trip down and a 3 day trip home for a day or two stay was not going to happen. It was a hard choice. We chose to stay close on the phone and it seemed to work out ok. I'm thinking everybody for their prayers and concern. She made it through by prayers we are certain. At one point our son called a friend who was having a Pampered Chef party in a church basement - they shut down the party and all prayed. All of a sudden he had good news!!! So we were free to enjoy our time with Glenn and Pat. They took us to a Civil War event by an old mansion. It was very cool. I want to share a picture of a lady using her sewing machine. She may be a new QB member by now. She was very gracious. Glenn and I talked to her for quite a while.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]492464[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails civil-war-105.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 09:53 AM

That is so cool. I would love to see someone sewing on one of those. We have a couple that look like that. Can you just see making those big dresses on that little space.
So glad your DIL is doing better and glad you had a chance to break away for a while with Glenn & Pat.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:36 PM

We all had fun that day and it was good for Miriam and Phil to have sometime to play with all that was going on. Miriam and Phil are the best and I wish all QBer's could know them. Of course I bought two machines from her which she brought down to me. A Kayser and a 99 that will be a HC. Like I need more machines. Phil and Miriam are such great company for us.
Skip
Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

HA HA Glenn sent home a Davis. I am not sure where Phil stashed it yet. I've been cleaning out the old tables out of the spare room today - trying to get rid of things. So far there is space in the spare room but empty cases will have to go back in there. Then there is fabric that got moved here and has to go somewhere. ARGH. I'm over my head.