Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-18-2014, 04:25 AM

Miriam, I am so glad to hear this good news. When you find out about the cards I would like to know as well.
~G~
Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 AM

I just thought I would share this.
Some time back I did a Necchi Mira BU for "K". I make no secret that I like vintage Necchi and Pfaff machines. Anyone that has used one will agree with me that they are outstanding machines. Powerful machines that will go through almost anything, have great stitches and run smooth and quiet. "K" contacted me yesterday and told me that she was sewing multiple layers of the heaviest fabric she could find with her Mira and it was going through them effortlessly. She was really impressed with how it was handling such a heavy job with a domestic machine.
This is a pic of "K's" machine.
~G~
Attached Thumbnails mira.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 05:01 AM

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine asked for some help on a Singer 27 with Pheasant Decals. The needlebar was rusted solid in the head. He was upset that he was going to have to part it out. It took some doing but I was able to free it up and get it moving nicely again. Another one saved from being lost forever.
He sent me this picture of how it looks now.
~G~

Attached Thumbnails toms-machine.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 06:05 AM

Both of my 27s have that pattern. Your friend's machine has nicer decals than either of mine. Nice save.
That Necchi is a nice looking machine too.
Rodney
Old 09-18-2014, 06:34 AM

Grant, you've once again reminded me why I've purchased old sewing machines. Those are great pictures.

Question on the Mira: What did you use for the Wonder Wheel tire? Mine's crumbling.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
DH and I got this machine last week and cleaned it up today. It is a Montgomery Wards model 458519 found under the slide plate. This machie is a shuttle, but electric. What our problem is how to thread it. We have tried several different ways and nothing works. So if any one is familar with this machine would you help us? It is a 3/4 machine.Also it is crinkeled. Looked on line for a manual and no luck.
look for National Expert BT free threading diagram on seller of manuals also or this
http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/expertbt.htm
Old 09-19-2014, 06:38 AM

Miriam,

Does the Rehap Center have the capability of receiving e-cards? If so, I will be glad to send another card (sent one to the hospital last week). That's about all I'm good for right now. (severe back pain, myelogram, etc. coming up next week).

Our thoughts and prayers continue for Ashleah and Caleb and the entire family.

Jeanette
Old 09-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

We think she finally got moved. She passed out at the hospital so they kept her - one thing and another. I'll check to be sure about the e-cards. She has at least 3 weeks in the re-hab center then she goes home and will commute.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM

A month is a long time in a hospital or hospital like setting. Best wishes to her.
Rodney
Old 09-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
A month is a long time in a hospital or hospital like setting. Best wishes to her.
Rodney
I just got a call - she is on the way to the re-hab - really this time... It took 3 extra days.