Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 132 of 192 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1917

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Steve, your shop reminds me of my dad's shop so many years ago..... everything was compact and 'in its rightful place'. He was a welder by trade and people would come from miles to get him to fix things.... make things, whatever was needed. As a little girl, I learned how to use many of his tools and as a teenager, I think I was the only girl to change my own oil in my car and do minor repairs. I don't do any of that stuff now..... but I thought I was special because I knew how to do stuff and none of my friends had a clue. Thanks for the picture.... dad's been gone a long time.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Steve, your shop reminds me of my dad's shop so many years ago........ As a little girl, I learned how to use many of his tools and as a teenager, I think I was the only girl to change my own oil in my car and do minor repairs. Thanks for the picture.... dad's been gone a long time.
    I am honored to be though of in that light, thank you.

BTW - my two youngest DD's do their own car repairs. They mock their friends who cannot. They love the shocked looks on the autoparts flunkies when she knows more than they do. The oldest one has been on the lawschool track and had ZERO time. (She just took the bar a week ago)

Blog Entries
    whoooo, that is a garage of fun, fun, fun... my dads work area in basement was a cluster like that and I loved tinkering in it... lol.. my mom didn't care for it.. but to me, this brings on the tears of memories... Lou's surplus is a place of all neat stuff, some call junk for men to dig in, I can spend hours of digging in it as well... buying stuff I will never use. or will I?
    Squirrelly Shirley

Drool. So love those old machines. I was sewing western accouterments when I remarked to the boss that my machine had a weird personality. His wife went huh? He agreed, each one is different and you've got to learn their ways.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Awesome shop Steve!!

My hubby has a "shop" in the garage that he doesn't really use except to store his tools, I am now eyeing that space up. This for me is an absolutely amazing thing, I want to tinker, oil and lube, take apart and put back together sewing machines!! Lol, never in a million years did I ever think I would want to do this and want a shop!!
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
    Lol, never in a million years did I ever think I would want to do this and want a shop!!
    Congratulations young apprentice, You have taken your first step into a greasier world....

better get out the go-jo!!
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Thanks, Steve, I'm very envious.
    Ron in NW MO

"I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger, then it hit me."

Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
    I can spend hours of digging in it as well... buying stuff I will never use. or will I?
    I get a certain amount of pleasure when I use that you'll-never-have-need-for-that tool.
    Ron in NW MO

"I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger, then it hit me."

I have to agree, what is it about a machine that makes me want to take it apart and clean it up? The when they go back together and there are no left over parts. I just wish I had more strength in my hands.

Page 132 of 192 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 142 182 ... LastLast