Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 195 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful machines posted here. Wow. I am currently on a Vintage Machine Diet... that is, until the next cool one shows up and I just can't resist!!!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Name:  white before.jpg
Views: 1504
Size:  438.3 KBName:  get-attachment.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  475.8 KBI know it's not a big change, but a lot of the dirt was inside this one.

Blog Entries
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/3173181943.html
    diamond in the rough? Looks like a lot of work to me though.

Quiltingweb - that White looks nice.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/3173181943.html
    diamond in the rough? Looks like a lot of work to me though.

Quiltingweb - that White looks nice.
    If I could go back in time one of the things I'd do is find out who started that "antiquing" fad where they painted things with paint that would crack and peal. I hated that when it started and I hate it now. When I found out who started it I think I'd strip 'em nekid and tie 'em to a phone pole then paint 'em with the antiquing paint.
    Then leave 'em for the bugs and critters to nibble on.

If I had the funds, I'd take on the challenge of that machine and cabinet. But not at that price.

Joe

I was at an estate sale and was looking at the old sewing machines. The man who was running the sale told me there was another one out in the barn. So, up to the the top of the barn we went...It was a White, crinkle finish, but it was electric. The cabinet was in rough shape. He said he'd give it to me...I said no at the time and now I kinda want to kick myself. I think the cabinet was a lot like this one, but thinking back, I think it was more dirty than anything...might have had a few mice living in its drawers...Anyway, I know this is not a photo, but the above post made me think of this. I've since heard that the white cabinets are hard to come by. I called him a couple days ago...he's going to have another sale...I'd like to see that White again.

Does anyone on this site know what an Elna Supermatic is worth?
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS View Post
    Does anyone on this site know what an Elna Supermatic is worth?
    It depends on the condition. I have one ain't worth squat - it is a parts machine. I have a couple probably worth a couple hundred. If you find one worked on by Ray White or Mr. Arbuckle you might expect to pay $500 or so with all the attachments. The attachments/disks are expensive.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I really enjoyed your contributions of pictures and photos. I think we can all learn from this information.

I have 3 of these IRON LADIES.........the 128 is in great shape, no rust, no dirt, etc..........came from a display at a quilt shop going out of business ($63.00)............the threadle is the Sphinx design, got it for $50.00 with the treadel cabinet that is in pretty rough shape (water damage, I think), and the little brown one, a 301 from Anderson, SC came for a thrift store for $32.00......it sews so well, have been using it all day on a quilt.
    Judy, retired RN, alias 4 dogs and in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Someday you will be a memory - try to make it a good one .

Cool Pfaff 60 treadle picture

Here's a picture of my new toy. Its a Pfaff 60 straight stitch treadle, industrial cabinet that came from Germany. Everything is in very good condition, has some attachment feet,bobbin case and looks like it uses class 15 bobbins. I got it to sew using the hand wheel, sews a lovely stitch. I can hardly wait for the belt to get here so I can start using it.
    I'm the second owner. I bought it locally from someone on Craig's List.
    Sharon W.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 63 of 195 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 163 ... LastLast