Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 93 of 183 FirstFirst ... 43 83 92 93 94 103 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

what model Kenmore is that? I might have an actual manual. I have a stack of about 75 manuals that we found in a box from this estate. I'll be happy and see if I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    WOW! It is a twin! Miriam, Do you have a digital manual for that machine? The upper thread guide threading threw me a little. Also, why are there two spool pins?
    ~G~
    There are 2 spool pins so you can use 2 spools of thread when using a double needle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    what model Kenmore is that? I might have an actual manual. I have a stack of about 75 manuals that we found in a box from this estate. I'll be happy and see if I have one.
    I have a bunch of Kenmore machines with no manuals - I don't know without going and looking to know what numbers. I can't seem to make the Sears website give me the right manuals. I would be happy just knowing what some of the knobs are suppose to do.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I'll go through and pull out the kenmore ones and see what I have, and if you want me to try and scan any of them in I will. They're all stuff we are selling from that estate I just haven't gotten around to listing them on ebay yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    Jennb, It is a Kenmore 1218.
    Path 49, This machine can't do a double needle. The needle is shifted all of the way to the left as you look at it when doing a straight stitch and there is not a L-R-Center setting for it, so a double needle would hit the foot. When you do a ZZ on it the needle stays to the left and swings to the right for the ZZ. Strange setup, I know. I still don't know why iot would have two spool pins on it though. I assumed it could do a double needle too until I saw how it went from Straight to ZZ.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Path 49, This machine can't do a double needle. The needle is shifted all of the way to the left as you look at it when doing a straight stitch and there is not a L-R-Center setting for it, so a double needle would hit the foot. When you do a ZZ on it the needle stays to the left and swings to the right for the ZZ. Strange setup, I know. I still don't know why iot would have two spool pins on it though. I assumed it could do a double needle too until I saw how it went from Straight to ZZ.
    ~G~
    real good engineering
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

~G~
    I'll bet it can use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenmore-Sewi...item2ec1331147 Notice that the shaft is over the left needle instead of centered.

I used to have a Kenmore that had that left needle thing...I never could get used to it! Anyway, this is the double needle that came with it new.

Quote Originally Posted by path49 View Post
    I'll bet it can use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenmore-Sewi...item2ec1331147 Notice that the shaft is over the left needle instead of centered.

I used to have a Kenmore that had that left needle thing...I never could get used to it! Anyway, this is the double needle that came with it new.
    Path49, You are right! I have never seen these before. Thank you.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by path49 View Post
    i'll bet it can use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/kenmore-sewi...item2ec1331147 notice that the shaft is over the left needle instead of centered.

I used to have a kenmore that had that left needle thing...i never could get used to it! Anyway, this is the double needle that came with it new.
    thank you!!!

You're both very welcome! I just saw these on ebay so Singer makes one, too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SINGER-2-M...item460a8b3920

Page 93 of 183 FirstFirst ... 43 83 92 93 94 103 143 ... LastLast