Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is a fair offer?

What is a fair offer?

This featherweight 3-110 is posted in my local online classified. She is asking $100. I called and am going to see it tonight. She has no idea if it works. There is no cord to plug it in...here is a picture...it is a little banged up...any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Any day spent quilting is a good day!
    Judy

A cord and plug will set you back probably $20-$30. A bobbin case will set you back another $40-50 if it's missing. So, make sure you check to see that it's there.

you have time to lookup prices on what it will cost to replace these things and i would deduct that off the price. sew- classic is where to go online. for sure..

Blog Entries
    Is the foot pedal there? The machine does look to be in only fair condition cosmetically. I think it depends on how badly you want a FW.

Blog Entries
    I would pass on this and go to Ebay. They always have FWs. You can bid one one you like up to what you think you want to pay. If it doesn't work out, go on to the next one. I got a beautiful FW for $150 in perfect working order and with all the parts.

Before I bought my FW, I checked online for a guessestimate price & was told anywhere between $200 - 600. I got one off eBay (the Canadian site) for $300. & it was in MINT condition. I did not have to replace anything or fix anything. All I had to do was wipe it down. The case does have a musty smell but that seems to be a common issue with these machines. I would check eBay. It may take some time but you will end up getting one & in much better condition than that one. Good luck.
    Dance like no one is watching

I offered her $20 since there was no way to know if it was working...and since my bf is interested in tinkering with the sewing machines I thought it couldn't be a waste of money even if it didn't work and he got a chance to practise...she said no, and then called back and said yes! Woohooo! Went and got her right away...much better shape than expected! Bobbin case is there and the wheel turns easily....going to get the plug and foot pedal today! YAY!!!
    Any day spent quilting is a good day!
    Judy

Congrats, can't beat the price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGirl View Post
    I offered her $20 since there was no way to know if it was working...and since my bf is interested in tinkering with the sewing machines I thought it couldn't be a waste of money even if it didn't work and he got a chance to practise...she said no, and then called back and said yes! Woohooo! Went and got her right away...much better shape than expected! Bobbin case is there and the wheel turns easily....going to get the plug and foot pedal today! YAY!!!
    Smart move! Congrats - let us know how she sews once you get the foot pedal. You know she needs a name now, right?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

that would be a prime candidate for a spiffy paint job. I'd love to find one like that I could play with the paint job on. Y'all will have to let me know if you come across one that could serve as nothing more than a glorified paperweight. I want one I can use for decor only, not for sewing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast