View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 04:35 AM
AUQuilter

Default DH's response to "a lot of fabric"

When I was posting to Stitch124 : http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...g-t218137.html , I was chuckling to myself about how supportive our spouses are. DH and I are considering moving closer to the GKs within the next year or so while they are little and still think we are the greatest. I am in charge of seeking out a couple of realtors to be in the running of marketing our home. I had one lady out this week to take an initial look at our home. I let her know that I had emptied the dining room hutch onto the DR table and there were piles of donations in each room (until DH can get them out to garage). I also "warned" her that I sew and quilt and that I am in the midst of two projects and cutting which means that it is not "show ready". When we came downstairs to finish the meeting, she asked if we were going to get a storage unit. I guess my expression showed and she said, "Well, there is a lot of fabric! and all that stuff over there by the door." (FYI: stuff by door is donation) I just said, "I don't think we need to do that!" When DH came home, I was retelling this story. He just turned and said, "She doesn't know you, though. So where will you be putting that extra fabric? There's plenty of room in the garage, if you need it. " Well, let's see. Several tops going to quilters! The packaged batting will be stored in the biggest suitcase- why not? Why not store some things under the bed or in the kids' empty dressers or nightstands- they haven't lived here since 2002? There are colored totes in basement that would "hide" some of it, too- right??? And the funniest part of this is that I didn't even open the sewing room closet for her- yikes! Thought you might need a chuckle for the day and like me, a reality check!

Last edited by AUQuilter; 04-04-2013 at 04:43 AM.