View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Helen S

Originally Posted by Auntevie View Post
Helen your quilt is beautiful!! I absolutely love it! I love the fabrics and the pattern was perfect for them!!!!! Did you use a pattern or design it?

Valleyquiltermo is right, enclose a picture of you all tangled up and laughing. So funny! I bet your niece would love it and get a kick out of it!
Aunteveie, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants sometimes, (tis the season for that, you know! lol) I believe the floral fabric was a Moda print from 2011 or 2012, no longer available. =( I know this because I tried to buy more and the LA shop owner told me so when I was looking for a coordinating print for the border and binding. What I ended up using was from my stash, and just happened to be a close enough print to work well. I got lucky!

The fabric's design was such that it was printed in about 6" squares all over, each square a different color and floral pattern, meaning I had to fussy cut each and every square to get the ones I wanted to use from the yardage. It took a while, and each square had to be squared up and cut to the proper size before being usable. I then began making geese with no idea what I'd do with them, so just put one block together to see where it would lead. No pattern for this quilt, just laid out the blocks once I had enough done, then added the cornerstones and sashing and borders.