Wedding Gift Quilt FINISHED!

Wedding Gift Quilt FINISHED!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty and love the colors.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Beautiful quilt!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 AM

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments!

The wedding was absolutely fabulous, catered dinner was phenomenal, guests all hand-picked to provide the proper "society" interaction, etc, etc, etc. lol The bride's parents own The Pines Vineyards located in The Dalles, OR. The wine flowed all night long to go with music and dancing, all under the stars and outdoor canopy of lighting alongside the creek on their estate grounds. Absolutely LOVELY setting and it seemed as if we were in a fancy club.
We had a wonderful time, and lots of ooooh's and aaaaah's over the quilt, so think they might even USE it! YAY!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Auntevie View Post
Helen your quilt is beautiful!! I absolutely love it! I love the fabrics and the pattern was perfect for them!!!!! Did you use a pattern or design it?

Valleyquiltermo is right, enclose a picture of you all tangled up and laughing. So funny! I bet your niece would love it and get a kick out of it!
Aunteveie, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants sometimes, (tis the season for that, you know! lol) I believe the floral fabric was a Moda print from 2011 or 2012, no longer available. =( I know this because I tried to buy more and the LA shop owner told me so when I was looking for a coordinating print for the border and binding. What I ended up using was from my stash, and just happened to be a close enough print to work well. I got lucky!

The fabric's design was such that it was printed in about 6" squares all over, each square a different color and floral pattern, meaning I had to fussy cut each and every square to get the ones I wanted to use from the yardage. It took a while, and each square had to be squared up and cut to the proper size before being usable. I then began making geese with no idea what I'd do with them, so just put one block together to see where it would lead. No pattern for this quilt, just laid out the blocks once I had enough done, then added the cornerstones and sashing and borders.