Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ansew View Post
Do you know if the adapters can be used for both Go and Sizzix dies. In other words, if I purchase the die adapter for the GO dies, can I use that same adapter for the Sizzix dies? I know Ebony Love uses the die adapter from Sizzix to use her Sizzix dies on her Studio. But if they are the same, and will work the same, I don't want to purchase an adapter from Accuquilt as well from Sizzix if one from either company will work for the other companies dies.
NO! This is the one thing that you need to keep in mind. GO! dies are thinner than Sizzix dies, so you need different platforms. Accuquilt only offers the one for the GO! dies, you have to go to their sister site, Accucut to get the Sizzix adaptor. Having said that, you can cheat a bit. I've had my 'Studio' cutter for about 20 years, way before Accuquilt was even thought of. Before they introduced the appropriate platforms, I just used old magazines. You can stack a couple, thicker than you need, and then experiment a bit and remove the excess pages.
I have several brands of cutters for my semi pro paper business and have hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of dies from lots of different manufacturers. If you can experiment a bit you can do amazing things!!!
PM me if you have specific questions.