Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Cutting Dies--which ones do you find invaluable? >

Fabric Cutting Dies--which ones do you find invaluable?

Fabric Cutting Dies--which ones do you find invaluable?

Old 06-23-2018, 06:43 PM

We have an Accuquilt Studio at the store, and the die we use most is the 7" tumbler with 4 tumblers on the board. We can cut up any line of fabric into a tumbler kit, and they sell really well. Tumblers are so easy to sew together! People love them! We also have a 4" tumbler with 6 tumblers on the board that is great for baby quilts. Customers come to the store to use the tumblers for cutting up their older fabric to use in charity quilts.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
You can get a lot of dies for the difference in price between purchasing the platform vs. a whole 'nuther machine. You can buy lots of fabric to cut! The platform is so easy to use, it almost fills the tray so you are not trying to line up the die on top of the shim. Just slap it on there. Also, you won't forget to use it. The Sizzix & GO! dies are so much thinner than a Studio die that they slide right under the roller without making contact.
Do you know if the adapters can be used for both Go and Sizzix dies. In other words, if I purchase the die adapter for the GO dies, can I use that same adapter for the Sizzix dies? I know Ebony Love uses the die adapter from Sizzix to use her Sizzix dies on her Studio. But if they are the same, and will work the same, I don't want to purchase an adapter from Accuquilt as well from Sizzix if one from either company will work for the other companies dies.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ansew View Post
Do you know if the adapters can be used for both Go and Sizzix dies. In other words, if I purchase the die adapter for the GO dies, can I use that same adapter for the Sizzix dies? I know Ebony Love uses the die adapter from Sizzix to use her Sizzix dies on her Studio. But if they are the same, and will work the same, I don't want to purchase an adapter from Accuquilt as well from Sizzix if one from either company will work for the other companies dies.
NO! This is the one thing that you need to keep in mind. GO! dies are thinner than Sizzix dies, so you need different platforms. Accuquilt only offers the one for the GO! dies, you have to go to their sister site, Accucut to get the Sizzix adaptor. Having said that, you can cheat a bit. I've had my 'Studio' cutter for about 20 years, way before Accuquilt was even thought of. Before they introduced the appropriate platforms, I just used old magazines. You can stack a couple, thicker than you need, and then experiment a bit and remove the excess pages.
I have several brands of cutters for my semi pro paper business and have hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of dies from lots of different manufacturers. If you can experiment a bit you can do amazing things!!!
PM me if you have specific questions.