View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 AM
Iceblossom

PiedPiper, it took me a bit of going back but here are some pictures showing my geese units being made with the correct size Mountain/Goose and the oversized triangles.
Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Don't worry Susie, like JanieW says, the "alternate" blocks come together when you put in the sashing. Some people are skipping that and just putting them together as a straight set with or without sashing. If you haven't made your sashing yet (with the Neutral/Red rectangles we made in Clue 2), it is the piece we are told to cut in the last clue that I am changing for my project. I'm going to help reinforce my "Parakeets" by using it there instead of Neutral.

You can do a lot with your top very easily by switching out that center piece, that was what I was trying to show with some of my pictures the other day. Before I committed to my change, I simply spread out pieces of yardage and laid out the blocks on top of that with my Clue 2 pieces until I found something I could live with. I really liked the horizontal layout with black in the centers, but I'm going with the "as designed" on-point layout.