Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Lesley I am in awe of you, well done, you deserve a medal.

Hey there Esqmom, Do we have had Jane Sickle medals to give out. LOL Think this is a deserving case.

Lesley its beautiful and I love your colours. Are you quite sure it will go with your colour scheme because I think it would look better on mine, cause mine is pale lemon.

Elle
Old 05-02-2010, 12:52 PM

Lesley, your way of quilting it is excellent. Your quilt is coming together beautifully!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:56 PM

wow, Lacelady! Fantabulous! Smashing colors! On the count thingy, I wonder if she is counting the little sashing strips, did you?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Lesley I am in awe of you, well done, you deserve a medal.

Hey there Esqmom, Do we have had Jane Sickle medals to give out. LOL Think this is a deserving case.

Lesley its beautiful and I love your colours. Are you quite sure it will go with your colour scheme because I think it would look better on mine, cause mine is pale lemon.

Elle
Sorry, Elle, if necessary, I am prepared to redecorate! And as for medals, if Esq. sets a precedent, she will have to have a whole load struck as each and every one of you all finish yours. I'm just a bit in front, that's all.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb.43
wow, Lacelady! Fantabulous! Smashing colors! On the count thingy, I wonder if she is counting the little sashing strips, did you?
No, that hadn't occurred to me - when I've got all the blocks done, I'll count them up too and see how near I get. Does anyone think Jane used cornerstones? That would bring the count up a bit more.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Crimeney!!!! Lesley!!!! :shock: :shock: Do you EVER sleep????? Its lovely!!! Beautiful job!!

But now that I see a whole row, I'm sure it won't go with your bedroom color scheme. You will definetly need to send it to me...I'll send you my addy... :lol: (just forget it Esq...I was here firstey) :lol:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Well, I see you ladies are busy busy busy. Yes, there will be a medal. Whoever wins will get Lesley's quilt. I'll do the drawing...no worries, promise I won't cheat!! LOL!!

I have GREAT news. I finished my Indian Orange Peel top and back. I'm sending it out to the LA'er to get it quilted as I've decided I much prefer piecing to quilting per se. So, this means the only things on my plate are the two IRR's I belong to, and the DJ!! I'm getting a cold, so I'm gonna chill out now, but I hope this week to start making some blocks again.

I'll see if I can get an okay pic of the IOP top to show you guys. I don't want to post it in the main thread as it's not done. I know, Lesley, if you don't mind, can I post it in your PDA? Then if anyone's interested they can go there!!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Well, I see you ladies are busy busy busy. Yes, there will be a medal. Whoever wins will get Lesley's quilt. I'll do the drawing...no worries, promise I won't cheat!! LOL!!

I have GREAT news. I finished my Indian Orange Peel top and back. I'm sending it out to the LA'er to get it quilted as I've decided I much prefer piecing to quilting per se. So, this means the only things on my plate are the two IRR's I belong to, and the DJ!! I'm getting a cold, so I'm gonna chill out now, but I hope this week to start making some blocks again.

I'll see if I can get an okay pic of the IOP top to show you guys. I don't want to post it in the main thread as it's not done. I know, Lesley, if you don't mind, can I post it in your PDA? Then if anyone's interested they can go there!!
Yup, I am hosting Esq's quilt on my PDA - and if she thinks she is going to get my Jane, I want her Orange Peel!

And yes, I do sleep, but often don't do much more. I am lucky to have a home support lady who comes and helps me for an hour each weekday, so that does give me a bit more time to quilt than perhaps most. Even if I don't have the energy to do much else, I can usually do a bit of sewing on something.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 PM

Lesley, I am being wicked now, Its a Cadbury´s chocolate Medal. Temps here are around 26C, sorry honey its melted, No I would n´t do that to you just kidding you.

Sorry for my wicked sense of humour. Its too late now got to go to bed. Its 2.39am and I am pooped.

Elle xx
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Lesley, I am being wicked now, Its a Cadbury´s chocolate Medal. Temps here are around 26C, sorry honey its melted, No I would n´t do that to you just kidding you.

Sorry for my wicked sense of humour. Its too late now got to go to bed. Its 2.39am and I am pooped.

Elle xx

LOL, if you get another one, Elle, put it in the fridge! I would just be happy if you sent a few of those degrees of heat - here it is in May, and it's struggling to get to 12 C here, Brrrrrrr.