Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 231 of 247 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    no, i followed along, week by week. but the very lst week when i first started, and hadn't gained confidence or skill, did pick out about a doz 'easy' blocks and did them. when i got to the 2nd page of lessons, i found i had done some of them, so hung them all, so i could see what i needed to do. worked on lessons in order, then started making sure alfabetically each row was complete. but made myself do l or 2 tri's when i lst sat down to work and was fresh. sooo, the ones left to do are in rows j thru m. i do believe most of them are applique.

I have worked out the problem with my sewing: Odd I know but we live in a very small house with an L shaped lounge/dining room so we are all living in the same space, well - My DH has his laptop plugged into the only socket that I can plug my sewing machine into - cos the others have the printer, the lamp and my iron in them. Guess who always wants to use his laptop when I am sewing? It makes me laugh because when we moved into the house the landlord had us sign a promise NOT to overload the electrics, but every wall socket has a block plugged into is with several items running. I am now waiting for him to go to bed to have another go at a triangle! Wish me luck!!!

Blog Entries
    aren't them guys just grand? and sorry about you electrical plug in shortage. you should have signed a pre nupt with him. that the lst and most important thing in the house was your sewing. next marriage get it in writting. took me 47 yrs to half way train this one. so i guess, he is going to be kept. :thumbup: i didn't get any sewing done yest or today. appts, and things to do.....

Oh, we've only got 31 years of marriage, so some way to go, well done on 47 yrs!

Blog Entries
    Sarah...I'd have to make him work off battery power!! Buy him a spare so he can keep one charged up while he uses the other :wink:...I can see where that would be a real dilemna!

Blog Entries
    or you could do the applique pieces, and lay them aside like i did. do the hand work, when he is using the computer.

thanks for your encouragement, he really is a love, taking me where I want to go for my various supplies!

Blog Entries
    2.5 more blocks and the kites, then i'll be done with all the blocks. have company coming the 25. would like them done by then, so i can take a breather. and be at a good stopping point for a while, while company is here.
    did any of you ladies follow brenda's quilting guides on the software. how do they compare to jane's? i usually use warm and natural batting. did any of you ladies use this for your jane? i see quilting with convicts, used super light acrlyic, she called it. but she lives in n.m. i'm in michigan. i'll prob think about my batting and quilting. usually let my tops sit and chill, and i do have to check them all for sq. and paper.

Blog Entries
    I used W&N on mine, sew. It is one truly heavy puppy though. I think the weight was more of a factor than the warmth for Kathy. I think that Elle used something very thin also. You have to remember that there is actually more fabric on the inside than on the outside due to all those seam allowances! Its wild!

I'm finding out that it is a little heavy! I'm taking her down to my DDs office tomarrow to bast the scallops and then cut them out. She has three 8' tables that are high that I'm putting together to work on. That crawling on the floor is too much for me anymore. Found a lovely piece of olive fabric for the binding. It's getting closer guys!! Yeah!!

Blog Entries
    Yeah!!! You are making great progress on her! It gets more exciting with every step closer to the end. I couldn't crawl on the floor with mine and I did it mostly on the kitchen table. The olive sounds lovely! Go Jan GO!!

Blog Entries
    i did my last block, J10 friday. i am thinking on the quilting now. did not do the kites. thinking i might have to tweak them. cause i might increase the 3/4 in strip between tri's and blocks. who knows. i'm not there. i could just leave extra white material around the edges. but have decided to wait to do them, till i am ready to sit them. the more i think about it, the more i think i will hand quilt them, with extra thin batting. then QAYG as you add the strips between the blocks, like lacelady posted. and like a lot of you have done.
    wonder how long that will take me? i have an impatient type A personality when it comes to quilting. and otherwise, i think, a lot of the time.
    and i have several months of stars and houses BOM to catch up on.......busy doing jane.....

Blog Entries
    Well, its darn hard to say how long it will take you. I think it only took you a week to do all the blocks and tris :shock: It may take you 3 days to quilt! LOL! I started the QAYG when I was about halfway through making the blocks.....took me 4-5 weeks to catch up with myself, then I just did the quilting the same week I did the blocks. I can't begin to guess how you will find to do them really quickly!

Blog Entries
    and i ordered the jane book to see 'her' quilting better.
    brenda's J10 showed on the software to quilt around inside each melon.

Blog Entries
    I did the same thing...ordered the book when I started the quilting. I changed a bunch though...I like a little bit more quilting than Jane did.

Yay, I've got 3 squares, 5 triangles and the 4 corners kites to go, then it's onto the sashing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
    Yay, I've got 3 squares, 5 triangles and the 4 corners kites to go, then it's onto the sashing!
    are you quilting as you go? i am considering how i want to quilt it. letting it chill for a week. doing other things, right now.

sandpat, don't know how you could squeeze in any more quilting than it appears jane put in/on her blocks. the book, sure shows a lot, and the more i look at it, the less thrilled with it, i am. haven't studied the tri's yet. but noticed the kites, sure had a lot. got my book in the mail today, and looked at it, just a little.

Hi, I know this is really late from your post, but I am still 'doing' my Jane too!

I haven't been quilting yet because I wasn't sure how to do it, but I think I will put my blocks into 4 or 9 square and then quilt them so I don't have so many joins in the batting.
    I am not as patient as Lesley (Lacelady)!! Also - thinking that I would put little blocks in sashings I need to decide which one to do etc etc etc. Still my target is to finish the blocks first and then lay them out and then decide.

Message for Lacelady too:

I am on my knees in admiration of your finished quilt. It is just soo lovely and I hope you get lots of prizes for it. It has spurred me on to finish, but going through the pages one at a time from the start I have just got to 264 (roughly) when I found your pics. Just fabuuuulous! Congratulations!!

Blog Entries
    I'm just so happy to hear from ya'll still working along on the quilt. You will be soo glad that you finished her..what an accomplishment to be proud of! Keep going girls!

Where would I find photos of those that are finished already, I've found Lacelady's but not any other ones?

Blog Entries
    Here is mine

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101264-1.htm

Elle isn't quite finished...Jan is getting close...There are some other finished ones on the Jane Topic List though. I try to add them there when I find them.

Blog Entries
    sara- bluechicken has posted the link to the flicker link on page 19 of this main DJCBP. i could just sit and look at all the janes for hrs. just hit the 'older' or 'newer' arrow. enjoy....

also.....Jane A. Stickle-The Finished Quilt

Blog Entries
    Which one is Blue's? I couldn't find it and I'd love to see it.

Page 231 of 247 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast