Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
I agree with you Kathy...I think a May announcment is MUCH too late! There are a lot of fabrics in the quilt and with many people ordering them plus having to order the book, etc....I think people need more time to collect and think about it.

Lesley, I think your enlargement plan sounds great! I need to go measue the top of my mattress and the drop to see how large to make it. Really I need to decide if its for me or for my Dad...darn it, he has a KING bed...maybe this will just be a "couch quilt" afterall :oops:
Mine is a king sized bed too, but I still think around 86in will be fine, as I have a skirt on the bed base, and I don't like a quilt that is so long you almost trip over the bottom corners.

I'm not sure whether your king sized beds are the same as ours. Mine is 5ft (60in) wide, but I think that might equate to your queen size - I know you Americans, everything is bigger over there.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM

How much black do I need to buy,I still need to do that.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM

Jolo what are you using the black for, sashings or backing?

Elle
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 AM

well it was a stupid question,Elle. I am going to use it for the bg and if I had just looked in the yardage requirement it tells me how much is needed unless I enlarge my blocks. lol
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 AM

No probs, I do that all the time, glad you found it.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

Yep, you are right Lesley...that equates to a Queen size bed here. We Americans are fatter..oops, I mean, you are right again, everything seems to be bigger in America. I don't know why.

I DO know I need to find my darn book though!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM

They say confession is good for the soul, so I confess, I have started to work on AOTH!

Tonight I an tracing the blocks on my background fabric. The blocks have been cut for over a month!!! I think I did fairly well not touching them for a MONTH!!!

I am using dressmaker's tracing paper to makr the outlines. You don't need to mark every line as many pieces are laid on top of another piece. Ask me how I figured that one out?

Since I set the schedule up so we could complete a row as we go, we will be starting with the center unit and piece BLock #9 first, then #11 and so on. OK, I scrambled them up a bit! Didn't want to be too predictable, but the rows are one after another, not jumbled with each other. When the center 16 blocks are done, we will assemble them and add the inner borders. I am making my blocks 7", but haven't decided how wide that inner border is going to be, yet. I think I want to add some sort of scallop there, but will have to use pencil & paper to figure it out!

OK, now you have something to mull over. Gotta get of 'puter as DH has a class to teach & needs this one. It seems that when he's on that particular site, having the other puter on the web messes everything up!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Kathy, This is too funny!!! Why don't you consider starting this project on Valentine's Day. We all know Lesley is probably at least half finished as I write this :lol: and you may pass her up at this rate!

Anyway, stretch out the schedule to make up for starting early. That way, we can all start sooner, and keep up. Plus, late joiners could catch up with a slower schedule. In the meantime, you and Lesley can be posting pictures, tips and shortcuts. I vote to move up the start time!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM

:lol:
Old 01-04-2011, 01:26 AM

You ladies are putting a lot of pressure on me. I am not finished the DJ schedule yet, but I give you all permission to start without me. I am soooooooo good LOL