Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone...I am really happy with this one. I am taking the time to trim all 4 sides of the block (except for the outside edge where the skinny border will go) I'm going to sew the border on prior to trimming that side. Although...it might be easier to do it now..now that I'm thinking about it.

About AOTH-

Awe geesh Lesley...you'll be finished with this one before I even get my fabric bought for mine! PUT IT AWAY missy.....right now or you'll be all tempted to dive right in! You have to give us a fair chance to play "with" you, ya' know!! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks everyone...I am really happy with this one. I am taking the time to trim all 4 sides of the block (except for the outside edge where the skinny border will go) I'm going to sew the border on prior to trimming that side. Although...it might be easier to do it now..now that I'm thinking about it.

About AOTH-

Awe geesh Lesley...you'll be finished with this one before I even get my fabric bought for mine! PUT IT AWAY missy.....right now or you'll be all tempted to dive right in! You have to give us a fair chance to play "with" you, ya' know!! :lol: :lol:
Do my best Patti, goodness knows, I have plenty of other things I could be doing, so I will have to concentrate on one of those.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:14 AM

She can't finish what she doesn't start and she can't start yet because we don't have a schedule. Oh, yeah, that didn't stop her from beating all of us this time, did it? :)

Lesley, you give us all inspiration and encouragement, so you go right ahead and do what you want! We love you.

Elle, are you going to start early, too? How are your Asian Jane blocks coming? I'm quilting the 90th block, so I'm coming along. Will take a break form quilting to get our thread for AOTH up & running. I took a break & then quilted like a mad woman, so the break was good!

I am working on a schedule. Do you guys want a break here & there or just keep plugging along? I think I'll schedule a break at Christmas, though. It's on Sunday this year. No sense on having everyone more stressed out than usual at the holiday time!

I think you'll like the way I'm scheduling the blocks. No telling what I'm up to, though! :?: You will like it, I think!

Hope to get everything OK'd soon so we can tell the Board about this great opportunity to join in on the fun. I am scheduling the first week to be June 5.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Kathy that sounds great to me for the AOTH. I am looking forward to seeing what you ahve planned for us all. I still need to think what my background colour will be, needs to be a nuetral, we will see on that one.

My DJ is coming along nicely still I have been cutting out the fabrics and pinning ready for my sewing which I will start on Monday night so that is the last 12 blocks. I then have to start quilting them all, you are doing really well, I only have a very few quilted, but I think they should go quite quickly. I think Patti is the running to be next finished or your goodself.

Take care all of you

Elle
Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Dear Friends,

Loulou just PMd me with some info. She enlarged her blocks to 140%. However, she said they didn't enlarge sashings or inner borders. She said it would have made doing the scallops on them much easier.

Also said that she used the lightbox on her Kona black & it worked very well!!!

Thanks to Loulou for her help. I'll bet she'll be watching as we progress.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

I'm excited and went to look for your thread Kathy..I guess not there yet. I'm not sure I understand the comment from Loulou..so she just used the same width sashing and inner borders rather than enlarging them?

I'll be thinking about the 6-5-11 start date.

I got part of row C sewn together today and I'm working on the tri quilting at night. I'm on #10..not working too quickly..other stuff keeps interrupting me..GRRRRR!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM

No, it's not there yet. Patrice wanted to go over my announcement - probably to make sure I covered all the bases in it. I also sent her a schedule, but it didn't transfer very well. I have made a table of the quilt with all the blocks and their week. I also made a list of the blocks in week-by-week order.

I am setting it up so that we will piece the first row of the center unit, then the 2nd, 3rd & then 4th, but the blocks are scrambled a little - not much. Then there is a week for assembling the center unit. Then come the inner borders, followed by the side blocks and finally the top & bottom blocks. THEN I am giving 1 week per outer border. Then it's 3 weeks for final assembly, quilting & binding. We should finish up by the end of April 2012. I put a few breaks in for good measure! It's an aggressive schedule, but do-able.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Power Poster

Sounds good to me Kathy - plus nearly 6 months for people to collect fabrics etc., might mean that more people will join us, as they won't have to shell out a lot straight away. Also, no rulers are needed, and the book is not expensive either.

It can also be done scrappy from stash, apart from background, and that might help. I enlarged mine by 142% because that's what my calculater said (10in divided by 7in). The design comes under 9in so that it will sit nicely on the 10in finished block. I will probably cut my blocks 11in and trim down once appliqued.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 AM

Patrice wants us to hold off on the announcement & schedule until May. :cry: I am going to ask her for an April "release date." The Dear Jane went up 2 months ahead of the start date. We can busy ourselves with talking it up. Then maybe we will have recruited lots! There are lurkers who will "hear" the talk.

We can use this time to finish up our Babies and collect more fabric, wash it , iron it, fondle it & maybe even group it with other fabrics for each block. We might even find a way to finish off several UFOs! I need to straighten out my abandoned sewing room. If I can tear myself away from quilting long enough, that might happen.

Together, we will get through this period of longing! :)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I agree with you Kathy...I think a May announcment is MUCH too late! There are a lot of fabrics in the quilt and with many people ordering them plus having to order the book, etc....I think people need more time to collect and think about it.

Lesley, I think your enlargement plan sounds great! I need to go measue the top of my mattress and the drop to see how large to make it. Really I need to decide if its for me or for my Dad...darn it, he has a KING bed...maybe this will just be a "couch quilt" afterall :oops: