Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM

I have never been one to make snap decisions & have been known to waffle between 2 choices. This time I honestly have to say I really like both of them! You could alternate them around the center or do 2 sides with one design & 2 with the other. I have no idea which I would do. Be

Because many of my alternating tris are busy prints, I'm going with echo of the tri shape as Jane did. Can't see wasting a good desing that won't be seen well.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Yes, Blinky, please come & join us! We all are still working on our DJs - well, except for Lesley, but she's our greatest cheerleader! Just because we are going to start another project soen't mean we're abandoning this thread. I know I'll probably still be quilting JJ long into the fall/winter months of this year. I don't quilt in the summer, too hot here in SE corner of New Mexico.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM

I was so glad to hear that Quiltwithconvicts! I will post a pic of the DJ block I worked on all afternoon. Just have to add a couple of corners to it tomorrow. :shock:
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
Hi Kluedesigns
Do you think anyone would want to start the DJ quilt again :roll: I am just getting into it. I started to do the last January schedule for the year this month. It would probably be more fun to have someone to work along with.
Blinky, you won't be alone. what with one thing and another i have only managed about 13 weeks. with that said i would love to see you join us.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM

patti, i am leaning towards the flower looking one.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM

I think A is a very nice design and your samples look great!! I'm a fan of feathers but it looks like alot of quilting especially by hand!!

I finished two kites today and cut out a third. They are interesting!! I'll start hand quilting as soon as I finish the kites.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Hi Luv! How's it going for you?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 PM

things are going well. my daughter is still here as the airport she was to fly to the first of the month back east was closed due to snow. we are having a wonderful visit.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:33 AM

Luv glad you hare having a wonderful holiday.

Patti, glad you are like me, sure we are not sisters? I hide things under the chairs too, just to make thing tidy ya know.
Patti, I actually like the B design, but Trapunto sounds good, but both would be a lot of work. Mind you it would help me then I could do catch up on you, yep think you should do Trapunto LOL you see my reasoning donīt you.

Blinky there are several still working on their Janes so you do have company everyone is at different stages and we sure wonīt abandon you. Its a long journey so we will push you along the road.

One of my Row A is a bit bright and sticking out when I look at the completed row, its all quilted but just pinned at the moment. I didnīt put all of mine out on the bed and I would have seen straight away. Donīt think this colour had been done when we did a mini show of our quilts. Think I might do that and see what it looks like.
Elle
Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

Patti, I love your description of your goofy flower design with two mellons! Yes, that's my choice rather than the feather design, another reason is that I think that the feathers are more complicated to sew, and I don't think they will be all that noticeable when you have done them, for the amount of work you would be doing.

Don't get me wrong, I love feathers, and machine them where I can, all over the place. But in this instance, I prefer the other design.

If you are still considering some trapunto, then will you just do the flower section, and not the leaves?